Meet Pigtails and Pirates, The Ultimate Paradise For All You Nerdy Fashionistas

I'm going to share something mildly embarrassing with you: I have a Tumblr account that's primarily a combo of reblogged Doctor Who gifs and vintage dresses. I'd say about 60 percent of what I post is fandom-related in one way or another, while the other 40 percent consists of pretty, pretty dresses, mainly vintage. Basically, what I'm trying to tell you, is that I am both a vintage style geek and, well, a geek geek — and I've just found the perfect line of dresses that caters to both of my top two interests. Pigtails & Pirates is an Australian-based brand that marries kitschy prints with '50s-inspired silhouettes, and it kind of couldn't be more perfect.

Founded just over three years ago by new mother/entrepreneur Laura Jones, the brand has come to be known for its ultra-fun prints: I'm an especial fan of this retro Star Wars dress, as well as this absolutely amazing "MARVELous" dress — oh, and I'm a Hello Kitty sucker for life, of course. All the covet-worthy fabrics are set off wonderfully by classic silhouettes — sweetheart necklines, full skirts complete with crinolines... when it comes right down to it, they're basically what early-season, cupcake dress-wearing Betty Draper would wear if she had a deep, abiding love of Wonder Woman. 

And isn't that what we all secretly want from our lives? To dress like Betty Draper with a touch of Wonder Woman?

[Embed]

Well, now's your chance!

Images: Pigtails & Pirates; pigtailsandpirates/Instagram

Must Reads