I know the media really likes to pit Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie against each other because of this ongoing obsession with the Aniston/Brad Pitt divorce (that, for the record, took place almost 10 years ago) — but it's really always been my firm belief that these two Hollywood stars could have been good friends under different circumstances. Both are intelligent, driven, talented women with powerful careers and an interest in making the world a better place, so they have things in common; but even if they didn't, contrary to what the tabloids would like you to believe, there'd be nothing stopping a potential friendship between the two anyway. Even Aniston has publicly stated she's tired of the tabloids talking about some sort of feud between her and Jolie over Pitt!
Perhaps it's time to move on, and what better time to start than now: A brand new awards season. The 2015 Oscar nominations were announced Thursday morning, and though both Aniston and Jolie had received extensive awards buzz for recent projects (Aniston starred brilliantly in the drama Cake, while Jolie directed the tear-jerking movie Unbroken), both were snubbed by the Academy in favor of people like "Dick Poop."
In light of this unforgivable awards season overlook, I had a thought: Perhaps now that a lot of time has passed and both Jolie and Aniston have moved on, their mutual awards snubs could be an excuse for these two women to finally bond over something. The Oscars will be taking place on Feb. 22, 2015, and since both women have been inexplicably shut out of the winners' race, here are a few activities they could partake in, together...
- Prank call TMZ head honcho Harvey Levin and ask him if his refrigerator is running. I know it's petty, but that guy is so annoying, I don't even care about taking the high road. Let him have it, girls.
- Try to complete at least one of those how-to hair tutorials on YouTube or Pinterest, because fishtail braids are way more difficult than they appear to be and, personally, I want to know if it's even possible to create one without the use of magic.
- Watch Friends on Netflix, because those '90s hairstyles are too classic not to relive again (and Jennifer Aniston has totally admitted to still watching the show sometimes).
- Bond over their somehow perfect eyebrows, because seriously, look at this:
HOW. TEACH ME HOW.
- Take up a new hobby together. Personally, I've been meaning to learn how to knit.
- See who gets higher scores on Kim K: Hollywood, because a battle for who makes A-lister first between real A-listers would without a doubt be the most epic use of this game ever.
- Girls night in. It's classic, I know, and totally simple — but sometimes there really is nothing better for bonding experiences than a night of mani pedis, face masks, too much sugar, '90s rom coms, and bottles of wine.
Of course, these are only a few ideas — I'm pretty sure Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie are about 20 times more awesome than I, and thus would be able to come up with better uses of their money and time for bonding experiences together. (But, you know, if they do want to do any of these ideas and need a third wheel, I'm totally free on Feb. 22 as well...just saying.)