With all the mushy-gushy feelings that come hand in hand with Valentine's Day, a little bit of humor can be much needed as the Hallmark holiday approaches. Whether you're lovesick or sick of love, these funny Valentine's Day quotes will be sure to put a smile on your face. Love is a many splendid thing, and it's also an emotional roller coaster filled with ups, downs, and everything in between. So you might as well laugh about it.
Going solo on V-Day often feels a lot more heart wrenching than it should. I mean, to be perfectly honest, a night of Chinese delivery and a Sex In the City marathon actually sounds like the greatest thing ever — especially when compared to eating a hurried and crowded meal at some overpriced restaurant. And for those of you who do find yourselves in relationships on February 14th, sometimes the pressure of it all can lead to havoc. Love is funny thing.
My advice? Stop determining your future based on your now. Enjoy your life, enjoy your loves, and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself. Valentine's Day is just an excuse for eating chocolate anyway (whether you're in a relationship or not), so if nothing else, enjoy the day for that reason alone. Live. Love. Laugh. Just don't be a hormonal crazy person.
1. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." — Charles M. Schulz
2. "Love is a grave mental illness." — Plato
3. "Today is Valentine's Day. Or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day." — Jay Leno
4. "Never go to bed mad — stay up and fight." — Phyllis Diller
5. "Love is being stupid together." — Paul Valery
6. "One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry." — Oscar Wilde
7. "Valentine's Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don't have a special someone, you're alone." — Lewis Black
8. "Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you're in." — Richard Jeni
9. "Oh here's an idea: let's make pictures of our internal organs and give them to other people we love on Valentine's Day. That's not weird at all." — Jimmy Fallon
10. "Love is hiding who you are at all times. It's wearing make-up to bed and going downstairs to Burger King to poop." — 30 Rock
11. "Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed." — Albert Einstein
12. "You can't put a price tag on love. But if you could, I'd wait for it to go on sale." — Hussein Nishah
13. "Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species." — W. Somerset Maugham
14. "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." — Rita Rudner
15. "Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties." — Jules Renard
Images: AngelaEngel/Flickr, Giphy (15)