This announcement got us feeling a little nostalgic. Below, more classic series we'd love to see just one (okay, or maybe ten) more installments of:
- The Babysitters Club series by Ann M. Martin: This long-running series stopped publishing in 2000. How preteen girls of the millennium have gotten by without them is beyond us.
- The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis: The movies make for a nice trip back to childhood days spent reading, but we'd still like more books.
- The Redwall series by Brian Jacques: Talking animals, epic battles, funny accents. What a wonderful series. Your correspondent wholeheartedly believes that decoding Jacques' moles and hares as a child helped her read Shakespeare. Not kidding.
- The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling: Do we need to explain?
- The Time Quintet series by Madeline L'Engel: aka A Wrinkle In Time and more, this group of books is science fiction and fantasy at its most sparkling. Give us more of the Murrys.