The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Is Returning To New York City To Celebrate Its 20th Anniversary
After announcing the addition of 10 brand new angels just weeks ago, the sexy lingerie company has got even bigger news now. The annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will return to New York City for 2015 in celebration of its 20th anniversary. Sorry UK fans! After a brief detour to London in 2014, the highly anticipated spectacle is going back to its roots, and I couldn't be more excited.
In honor of this major milestone, the luxe label has decided to go back to where it all started 20 years ago (can you believe it has really been that long?!). CEO Sharon Jester Turney tells People.com, “New York City was the site of the first ever Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 1995, and holds a special place in our history and our hearts,” she adds, “For this year’s show, our twentieth, we’re returning to where it all began.”
This year's show is expected to be one of the most exciting yet. While VS has suffered some setbacks as of late, like the loss of crowd favorites Karlie Kloss and Doutzen Kroes, a new era has begun with a batch of fresh faces to reign over the famed extravaganza. After all, it's good to shake things up a little, isn't it?
There is no doubt that the show has come a long way from its inception in the '90s. In honor of its 20th birthday, let's take a look at some of the best fashion looks from its evolution over the past two decades.
1. Tyra Banks In Multi-Colored Medals
2. Marisa Miller As Queen Of Hearts
3. Heidi Klum In Glitzy Pink Ribbon
4. Alessandra Ambrosio & Adriana Lima In Million Dollar Bras
5. Gisele Bündchen As A Sailor
6. Miranda Kerr As A Seashell
7. Behati Prinsloo As A Golden Goddess
8. Doutzen Kroes In Pom-Poms
9. Candice Swanepoel In Lavender Blossoms
10. Karlie Kloss In Psychedelic Wings
11. Adriana Lima As Superwoman
No word on the exact date yet, but I'm sure those 20th anniversary wings will be the best ones yet.
Images: Getty (11)