14 Sexual Britney Spears Lyrics That Probably Went Over Your Head As A Kid
From an early age, I knew that if my mom said I wasn't allowed to listen to something, it made me want to listen to the forbidden item even more. So imagine my surprise (and excitement) when my mom started to get uncomfortable with pop princess Britney Spears. The minute my mom put up a fight against Britney, it made Britney even cooler in my eyes. Now that I'm older, I understand my mom's hesitation about Britney because I recently realized that a large portion of Britney Spears' lyrics are about sex.
Britney Spears was often rather suggestive or downright sexual in her songs so it's easy to understand that parents would be wary of the sweet pop princess that evolved into a crop top-wearing sexual goddess.
The beauty about Britney, though, is how well she disguises her suggestive lyrics. She pairs lyrics about a threesome with a killer pop beat and boom, instant Top 40 hit. On top of that, you couldn't really understand what Britney Spears was saying anyways so even if her lyrics were inappropriate, it's not like we would know.
Since her naughty lyrics flew under the radar so easily, you might have missed these subtly (or not so subtly) sexual Britney Spears lyrics.
1. "Oh, the taste of your lips/I'm on a ride/You're toxic I'm slippin' under/With a taste of a poison paradise/I'm addicted to you/Don't you know that you're toxic?" — "Toxic"
Britney's heady lust for her man is so severe that she feels as if she's been poisoned with sexual desire.
2. "Love me, hate me/Say what you want about me/But all of the boys and all of the girls are/Begging to if you seek Amy" — "If You Seek Amy"
In which Britney uses her skill with acronyms to solicit sex.
3. "You know that I can take it to the next level, baby/Hotter than the A-list, next one on my hit list/Baby, let me blow your mind tonight" — "Til The World Ends (Remix)"
Though you were probably old enough to understand Britney's sexual innuendo by the time this song was popular, if you're like me, you still probably missed that she was talking about sex (or didn't really understand what the words she was saying at all).
4. "Triple fun that way/Twister on the floor/What do you say?" — "3"
That time a song about threesomes was in the Top 40.
5. "The center of attention/Even when we're up against the wall/You got me in a crazy position/If you're on a mission, you got my permission" — "Gimme More"
Even if you didn't understand the lyrics, you have to admit that "Gimme More" has always sounded a bit naughty to begin with.
6. "I got that boom boom/That you want/I don't think you should wait/One minute might be too late" — "I Got That (Boom Boom)"
"I Got That (Boom Boom)" is basically a full song about Britney's sexual frustration and impatience to bed her beaux.
7. "There's only two types of guys out there/Ones that can hang with me and ones that are scared/So baby I hope that you came prepared/I run a tight ship, so beware" — "Circus"
Britney wants her suitors to know that it takes a lot to be able to hang with her (especially sexually).
8. "Interesting sense of style/Ten million dollar smile/Think I can’t handle that/Animal in the sack" — "Radar"
This one falls less into the cateogry of "subtle innuendo" and more in the camp of straight up dirty talk.
9. "Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me/(Are you ready?)/Leaving behind my name and age." — "Slave 4 U"
Brit, I would be careful with that leaving behind your age part... Sounds like someone is trying to grow up a little too fast.
10. "I'm into phonography/And I like my blue tooth, buttons coming loose/I need my hands free/Then I let my mind roam/Playing with my ringtone/He got service, I've got service" — "Phonography"
Who knew telephones were such a ripe arena for sexual innuendo?
11. "I-I-I wanna go-o-o all the way-ay-ay taking out my freak tonight/I-I-I wanna show-o-o all the dir-ir-irt/I got running through my mind..." — "I Wanna Go"
Britney is tired of being censored by the media and she's just trying to be her true sexual self.
12. "If I said my heart was beating loud/If we could escape the crowd somehow/If I said I want your body now/Would you hold it against me?" — "Hold It Against Me"
Let's play a game of "Cheesy Tinder Pickup Line Or Britney Spears Lyric?"
13. "I'm not ashamed of my beauty, you can see what I got/Shouldn't I freak you out?/Imagine if I work it out/If I got on top, you're going to lose your mind/The way I put it down on you, you know should be up" — "Get Naked (I Got A Plan)"
Not one of Britney's most subtle moments.
14. "Oh, it's so hot, and I need some air/And boy, don't stop cause I'm halfway there" — "Breathe On Me"
This song is about Britney's sexual experience with a man so talented in bed that all he has to do to finish her off is breathe on her... if only we could all be so lucky.
Images: Giphy (14)