10 Inspirational Father's Day Quotes That Sum Up Each And Every Reason Why Dads Are The Best
June 21 is Father’s Day, a time to show some extra appreciation to your dear ol’ dad. You’ve (hopefully) already picked out his gift and bought a card. But how do you express your thanks for the decades of love, life lessons, and ridiculous dad jokes in just a few words? You may find just what you’re looking for in one of these inspiring Father’s Day quotes.
These 10 lines are all simple and to the point, but they manage to convey both what it means to be a great dad, and just how big of an impact your dad has on your life — from sharing wise words of wisdom, to having your back when you need him, to believing in you from day one. Plus, all these quotes hail from men and women with one thing in common: they love their dads just as much as you do!
So go ahead and get into the spirit of the day by writing down one of these quotes to your dad in his Father's Day card, or better yet, telling him in person. I bet he’ll appreciate it more than you know — maybe even more than those grilling tools you got him. Happy Father's Day to all the awesome dads out there.
1. "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." — Sigmund Freud
2. "It's a wise father that knows his child." — William Shakespeare
3. "A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child." — Knights of Pythagoras
4. "One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters." — George Herbert
5. "Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” — Anne Geddes
6. “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” — Friedrich Schiller
7. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” — Billy Graham
8. "When my father didn’t have my hand... he had my back."— Linda Poindexter
9. "Father! — to God himself we cannot give a holier name." — William Wordsworth
10. "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." — Jim Valvano