9 Times Summer Roberts From 'The O.C.' Was You Waiting For The Weekend
I don't care how much you may or may not love your job, everybody loves when it's the weekend. You get to relax, sleep in, maybe even enjoy a good ole boozy brunch with friends. Oh, and then there's the fact that you don't have to actually do any work. Basically, it's the greatest part of every week and anyone who says otherwise is either a.) lying or b.) so rich that they don't need a job, in which case, teach me your ways! But the point is, weekends are beloved by all, and that includes even characters of the fictionalized variety. Take The O.C. 's Summer Roberts, for instance. Now here's a girl who's never been afraid to speak her mind and is more than capable of appreciating the finer things in life… like days off from work.
Sure, this popular socialite may not have had the same upbringing as most of us (not sure about you guys, but I can't remember the last time I lived in a mansion… oh, wait, yes I can — never!), but that doesn't mean there aren't certain aspects of this character that are completely relatable. So when it comes to something as common as waiting for the weekend to get here already, just know that Summer Roberts has your back and knows what you're going through. Need proof? I'm so glad you asked…
1. When You Wake Up & Realize It's Only Monday
How am I supposed to get through five whole days of this torture? Ugh, gross.
2. When Nothing Can Lift Your Spirits… Not Even Bagel Day At Work
Bagels may be delicious, but being able to sleep in is even better.
3. When Your Coworker Tries To Duck Out Early & Leave You With Everything
Sorry, buddy, but that's just not happening.
4. When You Realize That You're Completely Out Of Coffee
In other words, be afraid. Be very afraid.
5. When You Start Daydreaming About Your Weekend Plans
Sounds like a good time to me. Also, did I mention that he's hot?
6. When You Go From A Four Day Work Week Back To A Five Day Work Week
Friday has never felt further away.
7. When Your Boss Arranges A Staff Meeting At 5 p.m. On A Friday
What even is this life right now?
8. When You Pinky Swear Next Week Will Go By Faster
I mean, it just has to… right?!?!
9. But Somehow That Never Turns Out To Be The Case
Is it Friday yet?