12 Leslie Knope ‘Parks & Recreation’ Galentine’s Day 2019 Quotes To Use As Instagram Captions
At this point, you've likely heard the phrase "Galentine's Day" at least once, and this is all thanks to one very important fictional character: Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation, played by actress Amy Poehler. In one episode of the show, Leslie Knope introduces viewers to her version of the day before Valentine's Day, which she calls Galentine's Day: A day to celebrate her wonderful lady friends. Today, thanks to the show, Galentine's Day is celebrated every year on Feb. 13, and if you're celebrating this February, you're probably going to want to make a cute Instagram post out of it. Luckily, we have some Leslie Knope quotes for Galentine's Day that make perfect Instagram captions.
Galentine's Day doesn't have to fall on Feb. 13 — it can fall on any of the days around it if you want, or even on Valentine's Day itself. All that matters is who you're celebrating with. This is a day dedicated to your female friends and family members, the ladies who helped make you who you are today. This might be your mom, your grandma, your aunt or close cousin, your best friend, a bunch of best friends, maybe an inspiring co-worker or two. Basically, you're all just supposed to celebrate your friendship by having a good time hanging out. And, if you want to do it like Knope, you can include cute little gifts meant to make each other feel good, and a huge breakfast that includes waffles, because obviously.
Since Galentine's Day is basically all about girl power, it makes sense to use some feminist-friendly Knope quotes as your Instagram caption. Why not borrow from the queen of Galentine's Day herself, you know? Leslie Knope is known for saying some of the most inspiring, yet ridiculous-sounding phrases ever, which makes them perfect for an Instagrammable photo of you and your best friends. Check out some of our favorites below:
1. "I am a Goddess, a glorious female warrior."
This pretty much describes you and your friends on Galentine's Day, and every other day of the year as well.
2. "You're a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk ox."
Only one of Leslie's amazingly strange compliments to Anne, this one can easily describe any of your best friends as well.
3. "Hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries."
You know the rule!
4. "I'm gonna get drunk and then I'm gonna order a three course meal where each course is made of dessert."
This sounds like a pretty great plan for Galentine's Day if you ask us.
5. "We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third."
This is the motto we should all live by.
6. "I guess some people object to powerful depictions of awesome ladies."
Leslie understands the struggle.
7. "I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself."
Why not write a little Galentine's Day message about yourself?
8. “No one achieves anything alone.”
You need your friends to back you up!
9. "You shut your mouth. You have ALL the strengths."
This can be said about any of the close women in your life.
10. "I care. I care a lot. It's kinda my thing."
And this one can describe how you feel about all of them.
11. "Do it. Fierce. Power."
You don't need a lot of words to describe what Galentine's Day means.
12. “What's Galentine's Day? Oh, it's only the best day of the year."
Now anyone who was confused will understand!
13. "I love you and I like you."
This might be Leslie's thing with Ben, but it can easily explain how you feel about your friends too.
14. "Ladies celebrating ladies. It's like Lilith Fair, minus the angst."