It doesn't take a makeup addict to realize multitasking beauty products are a dream come true. Whether it's sunscreen that functions as a makeup primer or a color stick that acts as a lip and cheek tint, getting a two-for-one special is always worthwhile. Foundations that double as other things hit the jackpot on double duty beauty, streamlining your regimen and potentially saving you big bucks in the long run.
Your makeup doesn't have to just mask skin "imperfections"; It can actually help cure your skin care woes. Working overtime, the right foundation can hydrate your skin, plump fine lines and wrinkles, or even ward off zits, all while giving you picture-perfect coverage. Of course, you shouldn't completely abandon your skincare regimen in favor of a multitasking foundation. Just know that when your skin craves a little extra attention, there are options for keeping your facade in check all day.
For those no good, terrible days when you just can't be bothered with skin that won't behave, do damage control without adding an extra moisturizer or serum to your morning routine. Multipurpose makeup products that outperform traditional foundations, these 13 bases address skin care concerns as well as providing excellent coverage.
1. IT Cosmetics Confidence In A Compact
When IT Cosmetics transformed their Confidence in a Cream moisturizer into a foundation, the result was this full coverage, solid serum base. Complete with SPF 50+, it features hyaluronic acid to hydrate, hydrolyzed collagen to restore elasticity, and an anti-aging concentrate to keep skin looking as youthful as ever.
2. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum
3. First Aid Beauty Hello Fab Triple Protection Skin Tint
A fluid foundation with buildable coverage, this pigment offers solutions for many skincare woes. Zinc oxide provides a filter for harmful UV rays, superfood goji berry improves uneven skin tone, and other powerful antioxidants protect against environmental stressors.
4. Shiseido Future Solution LX Total Radiance Foundation
5. BareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
6. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Fluid Foundation
7. Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Serum Makeup
8. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup
9. Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup
10. Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation
11. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Treatment Concealer
12. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops
Use these custom drops beyond your foundation. Added to your favorite hydrator, it converts any face cream into a tinted moisturizer. Or, mix it with your go-to oil or serum to give your skincare coverage. When it comes to this multitasking gem, it's really up to you how it fits into your beauty regimen.
13. Exuviance Skin Caring Foundation
Your foundation doesn't have to serve just one purpose. Choose the right formula and you can transform your skin with every application.