If you thought 2017 was going to be a better year, Trump-ageddon has most likely dashed those hopes. The first two weeks of Donald Trump's presidency feels like two years. But if you have lost all ability to verbalize your thoughts, have no fear: These jokes and memes to share when you have Trump news fatigue are here for you.
For me personally, the past two weeks have felt like being slapped from all sides while spinning around on a tilt-a-whirl. Every time I log onto social media, open my email, pass a newsstand, or get a text from a friend, I feel like I have to brace myself for bad news. I feel dizzy, disoriented, and disenchanted. It's of course important to stay informed, particularly in these frightening and dangerous times; resources like What the F**ck Just Happened Today, for example, can help you stay on top of things with its blow-by-blow account of each day's Trump-related events. But I also know I'm not the only I know I'm not the only one whose brain is rebelling against Trump news fatigue.
After you read all of the recent vitriol (and take a moment to brace yourself for the expectation of more to come), you might feel like you need to lie down, or you may feel too stunned to form words. That's where memes and other funnies come in handy to help you express yourself. Share with your friends, because we're here for you, and we're all crying together.
1. When You Realize Why "Dress Like A Woman" Is Trending On Twitter
And also this, as a bonus:
2. When You Realize Groundhog's Day Might Literally Last 4 Years
3. When You're Trying To Look On The Bright Side
4. When... Pretty Much Anything Happens, Ever
5. When Trump Signs Another Executive Order
6. When Another "Alternative Fact" Comes Out To Play
7. When Your Family or Friends Defend Trump
8. When The Climate Change Deniers Deny Climate Change
9. When You've Lost All Sense of Reality
10. When You Picture the Next Olympic Games
11. When You Want to Express Your Anger
12. When Describing Your Weekend Plans
13. When You Need Your Friends ASAP
14. When You Let Your Friends Know You're Logging Off Social Media for the Night
15. When You Realize It's Only Been Two Weeks (and You Have 3 Years and 50 Weeks to Go)
But it's OK. Once we've had a chance to recharge, we can jump back into the fray. Because it's more necessary now than ever.