19 New Romance Novels That Will Definitely Heat Up Your Summer Vacation
Summer is rapidly approaching, and I personally can't wait for warm days spent lounging on the sand. My perfect vacation day includes book-boyfriends and baking in the sun. As the months get progressively hotter, so do the pages in this epic list of new romance novels. Even if you're staying put for the next three months, you can still find an escape (and a summer romance) in a book.
I don't know about you, but the major dilemmas I face while packing are "How many shoes do I really need?" and "Which books do I bring with me?" During last year's summer escape, I had so many books in my carry on that I got flagged by TSA officials. The officer opened up my bag, scratched his head, and asked: "You're going to read all these books?" What can I say? I like having options.
So load up your e-reader or pack a carry-on filled with these swoonworthy romances. Dashing Dukes, sexy bartenders, brooding mountain men, and heartbreaking Mr. Wrongs abound to heat up your summer plans. Whether you're laying on the beach, the park, or the comfort of your own home, this list of steamy romance novels has a book for you.
1. 'Strawberry Summer' by Melissa Brayden (April 18, Bold Strokes Books)
After years of being apart, Courtney and Margaret get a second chance at romance.
2. 'Haven' by Rebekah Weatherspoon (April 25)
A city girl and a cranky mountain man start an intense and sexual relationship that helps them heal from their pasts.
3. 'Pipe Dreams' by Sarina Bowen (May 2, Berkley Books)
Goalie Mike Beacon tries to make things right with the One-Who-Got-Away.
4. 'Brazilian Capture' by Carmen Falcone (May 22, Entangled: Ignite)
In a desperate attempt to expose a corrupt land developer, activist Emanuel Duarte kidnaps his socialite daughter, Erika.
Erika Lancaster refuses to believe her captor's lies about her father. Now she must do everything she can to get out of the Brazilian jungle.
5. 'The Lady Travelers Guide to Scoundrels and Other Gentlemen' by Victoria Alexander (May 23, Harlequin Books)
An unlikely pair team up to search for a lady traveler lost in Paris, but the romantic setting and their undeniable attraction leads to much more than they expect to find.
6. 'Buns' by Alice Clayton (May 23, Gallery Books)
Only Alice Clayton can make Hot-Cross-Buns sexy in the laugh-out-loud third installment of the Hudson Valley Series.
7. 'North to You' by Tiff Marcelo (June 1, Pocket Star)
Food truck wars, San Francisco summer, and an unforgettable chance at love collide in this sweet story.
8. 'Loving the Princess' by A.C. Arthur (June 1, Kimani)
When Garrison Montgomery arrived in the small Caribbean island of Grand Serenity to run security for the royal family, the last thing he expected was to fall for the dazzling Princess Samantha DeSaunters.
9. 'Miami After Hours' by Yahrah St. John (June 1, Kimani)
A millionaire tycoon starts falling for his beautiful protégé in this sultry novel full of Miami glamour.
10. 'Dating You/Hating You' by Christina Lauren (June 6, Gallery Books)
What started as a promising romance turns into all-out war when two high-powered agents discover they're in competition for the same promotion. All is fair in love and Hollywood.
11. 'Sworn to Protect' by Diana Gardin (June 4, Forever Yours)
When a past love comes back into his life with dangerous secret, he'll do anything he can to protect her.
12. 'Mr. Right-Swipe' by Ricki Schultz (June 6, Grand Central Publishing)
A brilliantly funny debut novel about a 21st century girl searching for her happily ever after.
13. 'I Knew You Were Trouble' by Lauren Layne (June 13, Loveswept)
Taylor Carr is stuck between Mr. Right and Mr. Wrong in this sexy love triangle.
14. 'The Day of the Duchess' by Sarah MacLean (June 27, Avon)
Years after a scandalous separation, the Duke of Haven spends the summer trying to win back his wife's heart.
15. 'Salvaged' by Jay Crownover (June 20, HarperCollins)
Hudson Wheeler and Poppy Cruz have their share of hurt. But when they come together, they realize they might be able to love again.
16. 'Scandalous Ever After' by Theresa Romain (July 4, Sourcebooks Casablanca)
As Lady Kate Whelan starts to fall for her late husband's best friend, secrets come to light that could shatter her reality.
17. 'Hate to Want You' by Alisha Rai (July 25, Avon)
Once a year, Livvy and Nicholas meet for one night of illicit pleasure. Until the night she didn't show up. Now, Livvy's back in town, and the lovers can't resist being apart.
18. 'The Duchess Deal' by Tessa Dare (August 22, Avon)
No lights. No kissing. No questions about his battle scars.
When Duke Ashbury returns home from the war, he strikes a wedding arrangement that breaks all the rules.
19. 'Mr. Big' by Delancey Stewart (August 29th, Loveswept)
He's sexy, brooding, and arrogant. He's also her boss.
And she's totally falling in love with him.