21 Pride 2019 Things To Buy To Support Independent LGBTQ Artists
You might fly a rainbow flag all year, but June is still the time you’re most likely to see rainbows popping up in the wild. Pride Month can be an exciting time. Some people are just coming out and have never been in a mass of LGBTQ people before. Others have been out for years but always come back for the festival freebies. Or, you might be in between: you’ll avoid the parades and festivals, but you’ll still smirk when you see rainbows creeping up in your hometown, scandalizing or delighting all those in their path.
As Pride Month goes on, you might wonder how in the heck you can deck yourself out in the most Pride gear possible (or maybe that’s just me). These Pride 2019 things to buy all support independent LGBTQ artists, because there are enough corporate Pride rainbows out there.
Whatever your approach to Pride is, the month can serve as a great reminder to support independent LGBTQ artists making beautiful content, designs, or products just for you. Especially considering the ways that wage inequality disproportionately impacts trans and LGB communities, supporting LGBTQ artists is a great way to get your Pride on. These 21 items support LGBTQ makers and creators, during Pride and all year long.
1. A Poster That Encourages You To Be Your Unapologetic Self
2. A Tank That Celebrates All The Ways You Show Up
3. Pins That Look Good In & Out Of The Kitchen
4. This Tee For Bi Babes Everywhere
5. A Zine To Learn From
6. A Pin That Aces Pride
7. These Cute & Functional Undies
8. A Pin For People Who're Over The Rainbow
9. A Skirt That Shows Your Flying Colors
10. Stickers For Your Inner Nerd
11. This Gorgeous WAll art
12. This Top That Acknowledges All Our Journeys
13. A Tee That Tells It Like It Is
14. Temp Tats To Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve
15. This Convenient Carryall
16. A Beach Towel For All Those Summer Fridays
17. This Subtle Buckle Belt
18. This Wearable Reminder
19. These Extremely Useful Pronoun Pins
20. A Patch For All Your Totes & Jackets
21. And Finally, Something To Keep You Hydrated (You'll Need It)
Buying your Pride gear from independent artists and makers is a critical part of making sure your Pride celebration centers people who don't have the support of big corporations behind them. Here's to giving local makers their due this Pride.