22 Creative Women's March 2018 Sign Ideas To Celebrate A Year Of Resistance
With more women running for office than ever before, it's time for women and nonbinary people to bring their power to the polls to get these leaders elected, which is the theme for the 2018 Women's March. If you're marching, these 22 creative Women's March 2018 sign ideas can inspire you whether you're making the trek to Las Vegas, or showing up in your hometown.
The 2018 Women's March: Power to the Polls will launch a voter registration tour to "channel the energy and activism of the Women's March into tangible strategies and concrete wins in 2018," according to the Women's March website. And, if we've learned anything from the 2016 presidential election, it's that every vote counts. Women all over the country are taking active steps to dismantle a deeply ingrained patriarchal culture that permeates every part of U.S. society.
"From the first openly transgender woman of color winning an election to public office," the website states, "to the first Asian American woman elected to the Virginia House of Delegates, to first Sikh American to be elected mayor of the city, to the first-ever Latina women elected to the Virginia House of Delegates, to seven cities electing their first Black mayors, and so many more — Women’s March aims to convert the groundswell of momentum and activism into direct electoral power."
While "we are the resistance" is as relevant as ever, after a year of resisting, the standard for creative protest signs will be all that much higher. If you're adding your voice to the conversation, but have a bit of writer's block when it comes to making your Women's March sign, here are some ideas creative ideas to get you started. You can also check Facebook events to find a sing-making party near you. Because, #strongertogether.
1. The Future Is Female: Your Biggest Fantasy, Your Biggest Fear
2. It's So Bad That Even Introverts Are Here
3. Power To The Polls: Resist, Remove, Replace, Vote
4. Equal rights for others does not mean less rights for you. It's not pie.
5. She Needed A Hero So She Became One
6. It Was Never A Dress
7. Kindness is a free currency from a well that will never dry up. — Lady Gaga
8. TIME’S UP On The Imbalance Of Power
9. Our walk to work is not a red carpet — Jessica Williams
10. I'm no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I'm changing the things I cannot accept. — Angela Davis
11. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, someone else might have given a fu*k. — Carrie Fisher
12. Women and the Earth have to tolerate a lot. #TIMESUP
13. What's a queen without her king? Well, historically speaking, more powerful.
14. The question isn't who's going to let me — it's who's going to stop me. — Ayn Rand
15. I'm not bossy; I'm the boss. — Beyoncé
16. We are the granddaughters of the witches you could not burn.
17. Free periods: Anything you can do I can do bleeding.
18. Smash The Patriarchy; Support The Matriarchy
19. Card carrying member of the feminist fight club.
20. Don't let the bastards grind you down. — Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
21. Dear Sister ... I have your back.
22. I have a brain and a uterus, and I use both. — Rep. Pat Schroeder
Whether you want to make a point with a pun, or be direct AF, your Women's March sign should represent your voice, thoughts, and feelings. Every contribution to the conversation is valuable, and that includes you. After all, we're in this together.