When you have a sweet tooth, each and every holiday is a dream come true. So if you are looking for an easy Galentine’s Day recipe to satisfy that craving, try making these Oreo strawberry truffles. This no-bake treat is simple enough to make in an afternoon. You also do not need fancy kitchen skills, ingredients, or supplies. It is basically the perfect treat for your annual Galentine’s Day celebration .
Of course, these tasty truffles are not just for your best gals. They can be gifted to anyone that needs a little sweetness in your life, from family members to significant others to co-workers. To wrap up the truffles, package them in a tin container or paper box. You can also place a few into a cellophane bag and tie it off with festive ribbon. All of these supplies can be found in the baking section of most craft stores.
But if you do decide to throw a Galentine’s Day party, you do not have to stop at these truffles. Serve drinks in adorable DIY heart-eye emoji cups or make pink hot chocolate. You can even amp up the chocolate factor by whipping up more chocolate recipes for Valentine’s Day. Count me in, please.
- 36 Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 8-ounces cream cheese, room temperature (1 package)
- Pink candy wafers
- Knife and cutting board
- Blender or food processor
- Large bowl
- Metal baking sheet(s)
- Parchment paper
- Microwave-safe bowl
1. Chop at least five strawberries into small cubes. You can add more or less depending on your preference.
2. Break the cookies into smaller pieces. This will make it easier for your blender (or food processor) to handle. Working in batches, pulverize the cookies into a fine powder.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cookie crumbs, and strawberries. You will need a little elbow grease for this step. Make sure the cream cheese is thoroughly dispersed; you should't see any white chunks.
4. Continue until the mixture has a uniform consistency. You'll know it's ready when there aren't loose crumbs left.
5. With clean hands, roll the mixture into truffles. For 28 pieces, make them the size of golf balls. But you can make them slightly smaller or bigger, if you'd like.
Next, line a metal baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper. Pop the truffles in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
6. Right before you take out the truffles, melt the candy wafers in the microwave. For best results, follow the instructions on the packaging. Most brands only need about three minutes of microwave time.
If you don't have a microwave, you can melt the candy wafers with by making a double boiler.
7. You can use the melted pink candy in two different ways. To completely cover a truffle, drop it into the bowl and turn it over a few times with a spoon. Scoop it out and set it on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Alternatively, you can simply drizzle the melted pink candy on to the truffle. Both are super cute.
Store the truffles in the fridge until they are ready to be served or gifted.
Happy Galentine's Day, friends!