Are you the type of person who skips the horror flicks and wouldn't be caught dead telling ghost stories around a campfire? If so, then these light-hearted Halloween quotes are the way to go this October. Even if you're not a fan of all things spooky, you can still enjoy the fun of Halloween and all its festivities. These quotes make light of the holiday, focusing in on the candy, the costumes, and the overall imaginative spirit that presides over it. As for witches, terror, and fear? You won't find them here.
Halloween doesn't have to be scary if that's not your thing. Plenty of time can be spent decorating cookies, dressing up in costume, drinking pumpkin-spiced beverages, and eating candy until your stomach gets sick instead. If you're not all about the terror on Oct. 31, then you're not alone. Don't spend your Halloween reading scary quotes if that's not your scene — spend it icing pumpkin-shaped cookies and reading through these light-hearted Halloween quotes instead.
To add to their usefulness, these light-hearted Halloween quotes are also ideal for captioning your Halloween themed Instagram posts and updating your Facebook status on the last day of October. Great captions and light-hearted fun... does it get any better than that? Doubtful.
1. "Every day is Halloween isn't it? For some of us." — Tim Burton
2. "Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold." — Judith Olney
3. "It is as much fun to scare as to be scared." — Vincent Price
4. "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story." — Mason Cooley
5. "There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight." — Anonymous
6. "Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!" — Jack Skellington
7. "There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch." — Robert Brault
8. "I put a spell on you because you're mine." — Anonymous
9. "There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch." — Robert Brault
10. "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story." — Mason Cooley
11. "Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat." — Rusty Fischer
12. "Nothing on Earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night." — Steve Almond
13. "The witch can be bribed with chocolate." — Anonymous
14. "Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, 'Never take candy from strangers.' And then they dressed me up and said, 'Go beg for it.' I didn’t know what to do! I’d knock on people’s doors and go, 'Trick or treat.' 'No thank you.'" — Rita Rudner
15. "Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates." — Fernando Pessoa
16. "The farther we've gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we've come to need Halloween." — Paula Guran
17. "Eat, drink, and be scary." — Anonymous
18. "A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween." — Erma Bombeck
19. "Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October's day." — Anonymous
20. "Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween's upon us now." — Richelle E. Goodrich
21. "After eating chocolate you feel godlike, as though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers." — Emily Luchetti
22. "It's just a bunch of hocus pocus!" — Anonymous
23. "October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins... Merry October!" — Rainbow Rowell
24. "Halloween is huge in my house and we really get into the 'spirits' of things." — Dee Snider
25. "I don't know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids." — Robert Brault
Check out the entire 'What's Up, Boo?' series and other videos on Facebook and the Bustle app across Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.