Louis C.K.'s Statement About The Sexual Misconduct Allegations Includes Him Admitting His Wrongdoing
A day after the New York Times published a report featuring five women accusing comedian Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct, he's speaking out. On Friday, Louis C.K. released a statement about the allegations to Bustle through his rep. In the lengthy message, C.K. admitted that the allegations, which include masturbating in front of women, are true.
The statement begins by acknowledging the women who spoke to the Times:
UPDATE: On Friday, FX announced that it is ending its association with C.K. in a statement. It reads in part, "FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we were producing with him – Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and The Cops."
Soon after, C.K.'s rep, Lewis Kay, announced on Twitter, "As of today, I no longer represent Louis C.K."
EARLIER: As for the names mentioned, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov are a comedy duo, who told the Times that they went back to C.K.'s hotel in 2002 after a performance to celebrate. However, when they arrived, he reportedly asked to take out his penis. While they initially thought it was a joke, Goodman told the Times, "He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating."
Meanwhile, Abby Schachner claimed to the Times she could hear C.K. masturbating during a phone call in 2003. As for Rebecca Corry's account, the Louie star reportedly asked if he could masturbate in front of her while filming a TV pilot in '05. She declined and even reportedly called him out, as his wife was pregnant at the time. Corry told the Times, "His face got red, and he told me he had issues.” There was also one anonymous woman in the report.
As for this behavior, C.K.'s statement continues:
While he may be remorseful, that doesn't mean he forgives himself. His statement also acknowledged the impact this may have had on the women, adding,
Since the allegations first broke, the New York premiere of his movie I Love You, Daddy was canceled. Then, on Friday it was announced that the movie's distributor, The Orchard, canceled C.K.'s movie release altogether, according to The Verge. HBO also took action, announcing they would drop his comedy special, Night of Too Many Stars, and remove his past TV series and specials, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Similarly, Netflix decided to not air C.K.'s second comedy special of the year, according to the New York Times. Citing his "unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues" as the reason in a statement to the Times, Netflix also called the allegations "disturbing."
While C.K. is owning up to his actions now, it's worth noting that he previously denied rumors that he'd masturbated in front of women without their consent. In September when discussing the movie I Love You, Daddy with the Times, he was asked about the circulating claims and said, “I’m not going to answer to that stuff, because they’re rumors. If you actually participate in a rumor, you make it bigger and you make it real."
It definitely appears that he's changed his tune. C.K. ended his latest statement by writing:
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673) or visit online.rainn.org.