No one ever needs an excuse to say something kind, but Jan. 24 does just so happen to mark National Compliment Day, so there's no better time to do so. Compliments might feel small, but as these quotes to share on Facebook for National Compliment Day demonstrate, they can go a long way when it comes to making somebody feel loved. Just think about it. What was the last compliment you received? And how did that leave you feeling?
It's so easy to spread a little joy in the world, and it's something that we can never have enough of. Whether it's telling a coworker that you like her new haircut, complimenting a stranger on his shoes in the subway, or telling your best friend that she has a personality that makes you smile, go out of your way to give a compliment today.
The beautiful thing about compliments is that they make not only the recipient, but also the giver feel happy. Love really can heal the world, and while it may seem like nothing, a couple thoughtful words and a smile are the perfect place to start. Spread some love this National Compliment Day. I promise, you'll be happy you did.
1. "We are prepared for insults, but compliments leave us baffled." — Mason Cooley
2. "You have to love yourself or you'll never be able to accept compliments from anyone." — Dean Wareham
3. "Most people don't know how to take compliments. That's the biggest problem in America - we're hesitant to give compliments and embarrassed at getting them." — Letitia Baldrige
4. "When envoys are sent with compliments in their mouths, it is a sign that the enemy wishes for a truce." — Sun Tzu
5. "If someone compliments me, I'll say something nice to them. I like to give out compliments." — Amber Rose
6. "I make it a rule always to believe compliments implicitly for five minutes, and to simmer gently for 20 more." — Alice James
7. "I just think it's silly to be stingy with compliments. If you see someone and they strike you as beautiful in any way, why not let them know?" — Jill Scott
8. "When someone who loves and cares about me compliments me, I feel more glamorous than when the flashbulbs are going off on the red carpet." — Gabrielle Union
9. "Compliments cost nothing, yet many pay dear for them." — Thomas Fuller
10. "It's always the compliments from people you love that mean so much." — Maria Bamford
11. "I can take criticisms but not compliments." — James Taylor