It turns out, sometimes winter brings good things after all — like the Game of Thrones Concert Experience tour. Nothing will make the long wait for Season 7 go by faster quite like seeing the immersive GoT experience for yourself. With 24 stops on the tour, fans all across North America will have plenty of opportunities to nab tickets to the one-of-a-kind experience.
According to a press release, the concert features the awe-inspiring music of Game of Thrones composer Ramin Djawadi, but it is so much more than a simple presentation of the show's haunting soundtrack. The concert experience took three years to plan, and throughout the show you will be transported to iconic locales like The Wall, Astapor, and the Great Sept of Baelor. You will be able to sob over a solo performance of "The Rains of Castamere" in one section (the North still remembers, Robb) before being thrust into the biggest fire the North has ever seen in another — yes, it's going to be as cool as it sounds.
More than anything else, the concert is designed to put fans in the middle of the action. With seven battle scenes and a commitment to covering the breadth of the Seven Kingdoms and beyond, the Game of Thrones Concert Experience is a guided tour of the show's world driven by its unforgettable score. In other words, it is every Game of Thrones fan's dream come true.
If you want a small taste of how much work HBO and Djawadi put into making the tour a reality, check out the infographic below. The commitment to making this experience every bit as epic as the show is clear. If you love GoT, and summer 2017 still seems like a lifetime away, the concert experience is exactly what your Game of Thrones-starved heart needs to make the wait for Season 7 bearable.
The concert is a gift from Djawadi and HBO to the fans. If it's even half as engrossing as it sounds, you will be riveted. From the show's opening theme to Cersei's treacherous use of wildfire, the experience will serve as a living, breathing recap of the show's most unforgettable moments. If you have found yourself wondering what it would be like to be in the midst of the White Walkers, this is your chance, guys.
Tickets for the Game of Thrones Concert Experience are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Here is a list of every stop on the North American tour so you know which King's Road to travel to find your way to all the Game of Thrones goodness.
- 2/20 - Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- 2/22 - Chicago, IL - United Center
- 2/23 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
- 2/25 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun
- 2/26 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
- 3/1 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
- 3/3 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
- 3/4 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
- 3/6 - Boston, MA - TD Bank Garden
- 3/7 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- 3/9 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
- 3/11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
- 3/12 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena
- 3/14 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
- 3/16 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
- 3/17 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
- 3/19 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
- 3/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
- 3/25 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
- 3/26 - Phoenix, AZ - TalkingStick Resort Arena
- 3/29 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center
- 3/31 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena
- 4/1 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
- 4/2 - Portland, OR - Moda Center
They are definitely going to sell out fast, so if you want to be part of the ultimate GoT experience, buy your ticket as soon as possible.