Let's be real: Felicity Jones won the red carpet side of last year's awards circuit, right? Now, Jones has been around for a while — I've been a fan since she rather adorably starred as Catherine Morland in the 2007 adaptation of Northanger Abbey — but she really exploded onto the fashion scene with last year's awards season favorite, The Theory of Everything. Just as a refresher, Jones was nominated pretty much across the board in the Best Actress category, and her co-star Eddie Redmayne even scooped up the Oscar for Best Actor. So for Jones last year was all about ballgown-ed appearances at the Academy Awards, BAFTAs, Golden Globes and more — each dress more fabulous than the last.
Add that melange of dresses to the rest of the ensembles she's worn over the years, and you've got yourself quite the collection. Why not celebrate all of the fashion triumphs she's made along the way?
From the ornate Alexander McQueen she wore to the Oscars to the numerous Peter Pan-collared numbers she's worn over the years, there's no denying that Jones has a distinct (and keen) sense of style. Let's take a look at some of her most memorable looks!
1. In Saint Laurent at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party
You can never go wrong with a pavé collar.
2. In Alexander McQueen at the 2015 Oscars
She may not have taken home the trophy, but she definitely dressed to impress.
3. In Christian Dior at the 2015 BAFTAs
Is that the coolest skirt, or what?
4. In Christian Dior at the 87th Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon
You wouldn't think a kelly green leather dress worn over a sequined turtleneck would work, but it does.
5. In Erdem at the 19th Annual Art Directors Guild Excellence In Production Design Awards
Chicest grandma-chic dress ever.
6. In Valentino at the 2014 Producers Guild Awards
This dress is almost ridiculously pretty.
7. In Balenciaga at the 2014 SAG Awards
About as elegant as they come.
8. In Christian Dior at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards
Let's make this list the official petition for Ms. Jones to become Dior's newest frontwoman.
9. In Monique Lhuillier at the 2014 Palm Springs Film Festival
Sometimes, there's nothing quite like Monique Lhuillier for that ultra-feminine glam look.
10. In Christian Dior at the London Premiere of 'The Theory of Everything'
It's certainly a strange dress, but somehow, it works.
11. In Alexander McQueen at the 2014 Hollywood Film Awards
Simple, yet majorly effective.
12. In Prada at the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ Governors Awards
Ooh! Now there's some Art Deco for you.
13. In Fendi at the Variety Screen Series
Jones has definitely got the whole high-fashion twee look on lock.
14. In Christian Dior at the Los Angeles Premiere of The Theory of Everything
Reminiscent of Gwyneth Paltrow's iconic 1999 Academy Awards gown, and I mean that in the best way possible.
15. In Miu Miu at the New York Premiere of Spider-Man 2
Charmingly retro, in that ever-so-slightly quirky manner that Miu Miu is famous for.
16. In Alexander McQueen at the London Premiere of The Invisible Woman
Another day, another fabulous Alexander McQueen gown.
17. In Christian Dior at the New York Premiere of The Invisible Woman
The shoes make the outfit.
18. In Calvin Klein at a Hollywood Reporter Event
Serving some serious Anna Karina realness.
19. In Valentino at 15th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala
Floaty gorgeousness, as only Valentino can do it.
20. In Dolce & Gabbana at the New York Premiere of Like Crazy
The graphic leaf-printed number is a lot of fun!
Which dress is your favorite? I'm partial to the pale pink Dior she wore to the LA premiere of The Theory of Everything... and her crazy-pants, pearl-covered Oscars gown, of course.
Images: Getty Images (21)