6 Anne Hathaway Quotes About Adam Shulman That Show Just How Crazy In Love They Are
The celebrity baby announcements seem like they're non-stop, but I was especially excited to hear that Anne Hathaway was expecting her first child with her husband, Adam Shulman. My pre-teen self couldn't believe Mia Thermopolis was on her way to becoming a mommy for the first time, but it makes perfect sense considering she seems to be wildly in love with her husband and the idea of becoming a mother. She's openly gushed about her husband in the past, and I found adorable quotes about their relationship that prove that their love is real and that their child is a lucky one!
The actress' relationship with Shulman is a stark contrast to her previous one with her ex-boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri, who was involved in some legal trouble around the time of their break-up. Although Shulman is involved in the film industry like Hathaway, the Interstellar star has confessed that their relationship is low-key, telling Harper's Bazaar, "Mellow doesn't always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life."
And their dynamic seems to be working wonderfully. The two seem as in love as ever, especially now that they're expecting. Here are some of the cutest things Hathaway has said about Shulman.
1. "Something shifts and I don't know what it is. And I didn't realize I was keeping a part of myself protected and it's kind of all on the line now. I'm his and he's mine."
When Hathaway appeared on the Today show to promote Song One, she gushed about her marriage. The cutest part was that host Savannah Guthrie said when Shulman was on the show, "He said the biggest surprise about being married is that he continues to fall deeper and deeper in love with you." Oh, you guys!
2. "I knew from the second I met him that he was the love of my life... I also knew that I couldn't have met him at a worse time."
Hathaway said this to Harper's Bazaar UK of how instant their attraction was. She also told Vogue that it took a little bit for them to get together: "He thought that I had a boyfriend, and I thought that he had a girlfriend, so I thought that I'd better keep my distance because I didn't want to be that girl."
3. "It was scary. But as the days wore on it kept getting better and better. I found that the love I found for him made me more trusting of everyone, and the more I started to see who I had become... He walks into a room, and I light up. I can't help it."
She also admitted to Harper's Bazaar that she had a tough time trusting after her previously tough relationship.
4. "I'm so delighted by my boyfriend. He's all the things you want a partner to be. I so find joy in his presence."
Oh my, isn't love so grand?
5. "He's a good man. He's beyond intelligent. He loves fearlessly. His beliefs are beautiful. He's my best friend. I love him. I just feel that I have the greatest husband in the world for me."
Hathaway told Glamour magazine of how Shulman changed her views on marriage, and it's just the sweetest thing ever.
6. "I’m really lucky, I’m in a happy marriage. I feel like he’s my home. When he and I and the dogs are all together I’m like, ‘OK, this is my home.'"
When she spoke about moving to Los Angeles from NYC, the only thing that mattered was that she was with Shulman.
Ugh, they're so in love and I am so happy for their little family.