Here's How Many Millennials Have Sex On Valentine's Day

If it seems like everyone is having sex on Valentine’s Day, then your instincts may be right. According to a new survey of Millennials, 73 percent of them report having sex on the international holiday of love and romance. As for the remaining, 27 percent? Good thing for vibrators, amiright?

The SKYN Condoms Millennial Sex Survey found that whether or not people are in a relationship, Valentine’s Day is a big day to get laid, with the majority of people managing to wrangle someone into the bedroom. The study examined the sex lives of over 5,000 willing participants between the ages 18 and 34, and found that not only will there be a lot of sex on V-Day, but that most Millennials have sex on the brain every day anyway. I know; you’re totally shocked.

According to the survey, 76 percent of male Millennials think about sex at least once a day, while 57 percent of Millennial women do the same. As for those who think about it “several” times a day, men win that one at 55 percent, while the ladies come in at 31 percent. Oh, but that’s just beginning.

Here are five more things to know about the sex habits of your fellow Millennials.

1. Most Millennials Are Satisfied With Their Sex Life

Well, this is a relief! According to the findings by SKYN Condoms, 83 percent of men and 81 percent of women can say they’re either satisfied or “very” satisfied with their sex life. While this is great news, it’s interesting when you take into account that less than a third of both men and women would describe their partner as being “amazing” in bed. In fact, only 24 percent of men feel comfortable calling their partner “amazing” in the sack, while only 26 percent of women can use that stellar adjective.

2. Very Few Millennials Have Had Sex With More Than 15 People

The survey found that only 21 percent of men and 15 percent of women have had more than 15 sexual partners in their life.

I always find the conversation about someone’s number an interesting one. While I know for study purposes it makes sense to be honest, but then I wonder how many people read these stats and silently question their number for either being too over or under the arbitrary amount chosen by the researchers ― although you shouldn’t, obviously.

3. Most Millennials Need A Confidence Boost In The Bedroom

Not only do Millennial men and women think that their partners need some work in the bedroom, but they feel the same way about themselves. According to the survey’s results, a mere 17 percent of women and 22 percent of men dare to call themselves “amazing” in bed. While it may seem a bit cocky to declare oneself as such, confidence does breed awesomeness, so they’re probably not that far off.

4. More Men Than Women Have Sent Naked Pictures

Of those surveyed, 49 percent of men and 43 percent of women have sent naked pictures to, well, someone ― partner, friend, coworker, whoever. Men are also more likely to do it more often with 23 percent sending at least one a week. Women, on the other hand, are a bit more bashful with only 13 percent sending a naked picture once a week or more.

5. Both Millennial Men And Women Love To Play The Stranger Game

When it comes to role-playing, men and women are on the same page ― sort of. While they both have playing strangers and stripper role-play in their top three, where things differ is with schoolgirl role-play and ― wait for it ― Fifty Shades of Grey. Surprised?

For women, the top three role-play scenarios are strangers, Fifty Shades of Grey, and stripper, whereas men have schoolgirl at the top of their list, followed by stripper, and strangers, respectively.

Want more of Bustle's Sex and Relationships coverage? Check out our video on sex positions to make him last longer:

Bustle on YouTube

Images: Andrew Zaeh/Bustle; Giphy(5)