10 Valentine's Day Pick Up Lines To Try, Because YOLO
I dated this guy once who for some reason liked to drop a sugar packet on the table at brunch and say, "You dropped your name tag." As far as such things go, that wouldn't be a bad Valentine's Day pick up line to try. Obviously, such lines are meant to be silly and humorous — I don't think anyone since the dawn of time has actually used a pick up line to successfully hit on someone, except in the awkward, ironic way that sometimes works when all else fails. I'm not really sure what that guy had in mind when he flung those sugar packets on the table, but I have to say — it was funny the first time he did it, because it was unexpected, especially from this rather unassuming guy.
I have never tried a pick up line at a bar, but I think it would be fitting — and dare I say feminist — to roll up to someone you fancy at the local watering hole and ask them if they had called the fire department, because they are smoking. That said, this is just a hypothetical fantasy — it's not something that I would actually do, and I can't in good conscience suggest that anyone else try it either. But here are 10 pick up lines that you could — emphasis could, not should — try this Valentine's Day. YOLO?
1. I'm sorry I didn't get you a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day, but if you want something sweet, I'm right here.
Can you just imagine their face? Maybe it's worth trying these out just for the shock factor. And you could upload their faces to YouTube?
2. Wanna go judge couples based on their body language with me?
OK, this is actually one that could work. Give this a spin and report back — might be a good ice-breaker, actually.
3. Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?
I mean, gag me, but can you just imagine saying something this awful out loud?
4. I've lost my number. Can I have yours?
This old standby.
5. Are you down for the struggle AND the snuggle?
6. Going on a date with me is way better than eating a bag of those weird, chalky heart candies with sayings on them.
This is an insane thing to say to someone.
7. Hi, I’m doing a survey … What’s your name? What’s your phone number? Are you free next week?
This is kind of adorable. But also totally gross.
8. Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?
9. Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
10. Will you be my valentine?
This might be the best route. Direct, honest, kind of cute. Maybe un–pick up lines are the way to go.
Want more of Bustle's Sex and Relationships coverage? Check out our new podcast, I Want It That Way, which delves into the difficult and downright dirty parts of a relationship, and find more on our Soundcloud page.
Images: Fotolia; WiffleGif (10)