11 Ned Quotes From 'Pushing Daisies' That Perfectly Sum Up Life As An Introvert
Life as an introvert is not always easy. It's hard for extroverts to understand the need introverts feel to recharge after going to a party, or why someone can be so content staying in on a Saturday with their cat and Netflix instead of going out. Thankfully, there are lots of characters out there for introverts to relate to — but perhaps no fictional introvert is more relatable than Ned the piemaker from Pushing Daisies.
As a byproduct of his gift to raise the dead with a touch (and send them back to the grave with another), Ned's life is private. He prefers the company of close friends to crowds, and he finds peace in his solo hobbies. Even though Pushing Daisies only lasted two seasons, Ned provided introverts with a lot of solace. If you ever need a little extra dose of Ned comfort though, look no further than his quotes. Ned perfectly summed up life as an introvert with his quippy one-liners and blunt thoughts on unsolicited hugging.
Ned is the quintessential introvert, and while it would be great to sit in appreciative silence and share a piece of pie with him, the next best thing is basking in his words of introverted wisdom.
1. When You've Had More Than Enough Human Interaction For One Day
"I hate to be a bad host, but I'm sort of exhausted from chasing your coffin."
2. For That Sweet Moment When You Get Home After A Long Party
"Candy might be sweet, but it's a traveling carnival blowing through town. Pie is home. People always come home."
3. When You Attempt To Make Small Talk With A Stranger And Feel A Part Of Yourself Die Inside
"We were discussing phantom limbs and I blurted it out; it was like word vomit."
4. How You Feel Every Time You Try To Describe What Being An Introvert Feels Like To Someone Who Isn't One
"Maybe bull fighting is the wrong comparison, but it's hard making these things work."
5. When You Politely Decline A Friend's Invitation In Favor Of Staying Home So You Can Feel Amazing Doing Nothing
"My apron is staying on, with its strings securely tied in a double figure-eight follow-through knot."
6. The Excitement You Feel When You Meet A Fellow Introvert
"I just thought my world would be a better place if you were in it."
7. When You Literally Run Out Of Words To Say And Resort To Awkward Nodding And Internal Screaming
"I was incapacitated by not being able to think."
8. When You Feel Weird About Needing Your Personal Space...
"You don't mind that I don't touch you, do you?"
9. And Even Weirder When You Disclose Your Policy On Hugging Strangers
"I'm not a fan of the hug."
10. When You Try To Describe The Joy Of A Low-Key Evening Using Superhero Analogies
"Who wants to be Superman? Not me. I say 'no' to 'Super,' and 'yes' to 'Man.' I'm Clark Kent."
11. When You Realize Being An Introvert Is Actually Pretty Awesome, Even When It Is Exhausting
"The truth is that there are a lot of people like you, us, with strange hobbies or talents or gifts and we try to hide it because we're afraid that it makes us seem weird or it will turn people off, but that's a mistake. What makes me unique has brought every person I love into my life."
Being an introvert has its ups and downs, but like Ned, you wouldn't change your awesome self for anything.