Alessia Cara's "Wild Things" Lyrics & Video Prove It's The Youth Anthem You Need To Listen To — VIDEO
There's something spectacularly refreshing about a young upcoming pop star with something important to say. Alessia Cara, the voice behind 2015's epic "anti-partying" party song "Here," might just be that up-and-comer. While "Here" was the perfect pushback to superficial social interactions, her new single "Wild Things" is a love letter to a generation that won't apologize for being themselves. The song is a celebration of youth culture, free-thinkers, and people who have no qualms with breaking the mold — something that both the lyrics and the recently released video make very clear. Cara's new video for "Wild Things" will take you back to your most carefree days, and it's the perfect complement to lyrics that remind you not to put those carefree days in your review mirror. After all, don't we all deserve a chance to find where the "wild things are?"
If there's one thing I've learned from listening to Cara's new track an watching her new video, it's that the 19-year-old is a pop star with a vision. There are no frills to Cara's work, no barely-decipherable lyrics or empty words that are written in simply because they fit in to the beat. Here are some of the most inspiring lyrics from Cara's new song, with screenshots from her gorgeous new video:
1. "Let 'em sell what they are sellin', there are no buyers here."
2. "No mistakin', we make our breaks, if you don't like our 808s, then leave us alone, we don't need your policies."
An 808 is a police code for "disturbing the peace," and Cara has no qualms about going against the grain.
3. "I lose my balance on these eggshells you tell me to tread, I'd rather be a wild one instead."
Because being just like everyone else is just slightly boring.
4. "Don't wanna hang around the in crowd, the cool kids aren't cool to me."
If only we could have been as confident and self-assured as Cara was while combating high school peer pressure.
5. "We will carve our place into time and space, we will find a way or make a way."
If there are barriers, break them down — or break right on through them.
6. "Hey find your grace, don't you hide your face."
And don't let anyone tell you to do otherwise.
7. "Find me where the wild things are."
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling inspired.
Check out Cara's new music video below:
Images: AlessiaCaraVEVO/YouTube (7)