Did you wake up this morning with an inexplicable feeling of dread seated in the very pit of your stomach? That's because it's April Fools' Day, the one day of year when practical jokers run amok, and nobody — and I mean nobody — is safe. Let these funny April Fools' Day quotes ease your nerves. Yes, it is likely that you or somebody you know will fall victim to the most infuriating of all jokes, the prank, but this holiday is meant to be fun, not completely anxiety-inducing. So, in the words of Taylor Swift, try to shake it off, or at the very least, have a laugh. After all, that's what April Fools' Day is all about.
And, if you're in the mood to play a prank yourself, try responding to everyone you meet today ONLY using these April Fools' Day quotes. They won't understand what joke you're playing exactly, which makes it even better. Watch their frustration mount as you answer their greetings of "good morning" with "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself a fool." In the grand scheme of pranks that are being played today, this one is relatively harmless, but it will still make you laugh.
1. "Silence is the wit of fools.” — Jean la Bruyere
2. "Even the gods love jokes." — Plato
3. "I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh." — Maya Angelou
4. "A sense of humor is good for you. Have you ever heard of a laughing hyena with heart burn?" — Bob Hope
5. "Take all the fools out of this world and there wouldn't be any fun living in it, or profit." — Josh Billings
6. "No one looks stupid when they're having fun." — Amy Poehler
7. "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." — Lou Holtz
8. "I have great faith in fools — self-confidence, my friends call it." — Edgar Allan Poe
9. "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself a fool." — William Shakespeare
10. "The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it." — Bill Nye
11. "Here cometh April again, and as far as I can see the world hath more fools in it than ever." — Charles Lamb
Images: Westend61/Westend61/Getty Images; Giphy