Sirius Black is easily one of my favorite Harry Potter characters due to his remarkable quotes and wisdom that often comes from his risk-taking personality. He protected his best friends no matter the cost, and even after years of being locked away in Azkaban, he still turned out to be the ideal role model and caregiver for Harry. While I tend to adore the more quirky of characters in HP, like Luna Lovegood and Remus Lupin, Sirius happens to top the chart for his loyalty and overall compassion for the ones he loves.
We all have a favorite HP quote, character, moment, and scene. Sirius's quotes tend to stick with you — the type of quotes that you're reminded of when faced with a difficult decision or change. Remembering that we're all made of lightness and darkness, and that just because bad things happen to us doesn't make us bad people, are often the sort of reminders that can get me through some tricky situations. J.K. Rowling created plenty of unforgettable characters and gave them some incredible quotes to stand the test of time, which is why I've gathered some of the best from Sirius Black.
Embrace your inner Sirius Black (take risks, stay loyal, honor your passions!) with these 10 heartwarming and motivating quotes:
1. "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."
2. "If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
3. "This is how it is — this is why you're not in the Order — you don't understand — there are things worth dying for!"
4. "You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us?"
5. "Well, [bad] times like that bring out the best in some people and the worst in others."
6. "The ones who love us never really leave us, you can always find them in here."
7. "What's life without a little risk?"
8. "Then you should have died! Died, rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you."
9. "The world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters."
10. Dumbledore: "Sirius was a brave, clever, and energetic man, and such men are not usually content to sit at home in hiding while they believe others to be in danger."
Images: Warner Bros; Giphy (11)