15 Of The Best Dumbledore Quotes, Because No One Has More Wisdom To Share
Books are a great place to find smart role models, inspirational teachers, and enlightened mentors, but none are wiser than Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. All you have to do is look at some of the best Dumbledore quotes, and you'll know I'm right. Whether he's giving advice about friendship, love, bravery, or kindness, he always knows just what to say, and, as Phineas Nigellus (or Kingsley, if we're talking about the movie) would say, man, he's got style.
From his introduction in Harry Potter in the Sorcerer's Stone to his final words in death and beyond, Dumbledore has filled out literary hearts with some pretty incredible quotes. He always knows just what to say to his students, colleagues, and friends, and how to say it. It doesn't matter if he's giving Neville words of encouragement or Snape words of forgiveness, he uses his intelligence, compassion, and empathy to come up with the perfect thing to say.
His quotes, whether from the books or movies, are filled with wisdom, kindness, and love. With his powerful worlds, he has helped his students with friendship quarrels, taught his enemies about love, and guided Harry through some of his darkest days. I mean, who else is capable of giving such heartfelt, meaningful guidance when they're dead? Dumbledore, that's who.
Hang them in your room, use them as tweets, memorize them for when you need some friendly advice, or just enjoy these 15 best Dumbledore quotes. No one has said it better.
1. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
2. "Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."
3. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
4. "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
5. "We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."
6. "You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?"
7. "People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right."
8. "While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
9. "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."
10. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
11. "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
12. "To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
13. "We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
14. "The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution."
15. "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Images: Warner Bros.