11 Inspirational Friendship Quotes Worth Sharing On National Best Friends Day 2016
Friendship is something we often take for granted, but likely couldn't live without. June 8 is National Best Friends Day, and whether you have one best friend or dozens, it is the perfect opportunity to tell the people in life who know you best just how much you value your relationship. These inspiring friendship quotes will help you do just that, and in a way that's not totally cheesy, either. You text your BFFs each and every single day — make sure that on this day in particular, your words count.
Friendship is something you likely celebrate every day, whether you know it or not. Perhaps you and your friend spend all day gchatting back and forth about inside jokes to keep each other sane during the monotony of being at work. Maybe you have a special night set aside for a wine and Skype date with your BFF, who just moved halfway across the country. Maybe you and your best friend have a secret language made up entirely of emoji that only the two of you understand. No matter what your friendship looks like, it's beautiful. On National Best Friends Day, tell your pal you love her, and if words seem to escape you (that happens sometimes, you know?), these quotes have your back.
1. "Female friendship has been the bedrock of women’s lives for as long as there have been women." — Rebecca Traister
2. "It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." — Marlene Dietrich
3. "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. "Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness." — Euripides
5. "Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend." — Sarah Dessen
6. "Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." — Muhammad Ali
7. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" — C.S. Lewis
8. "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself." — Jim Morrison
9. "I have learned that to be with those I like is enough." — Walt Whitman
10. "I love my husband, but it is nothing like a conversation with a woman that understands you. I grow so much from those conversations." — Beyonce
11. "The language of friendship is not words but meanings." — Henry David Thoreau
Images: Pexels (3); Fotolia