It must be Christmas in July, because our queen has put out new music, and the sexy lyrics to Britney Spears' "Make Me" are the empowering stocking stuffer you never knew you wanted. Summer stockings are a thing, right? Anyway, we would've gobbled up any new material that Spears dropped, simply because it's been so long since we heard from her — Britney Jean came out all the way back in 2013, for poop's sake — but "Make Me" is a particularly delightful offering. I've loved the way Spears' image has matured and evolved over the years, and I'm delighted that she's found her way to a sex-positive anthem like this one. The song features G-Eazy, and it's all about unapologetically demanding sexual satisfaction.
There are so many songs that cater to what the man wants in a relationship that it's a breath of fresh air to get it from the female perspective, especially when it comes packaged with such an appealing beat and sultry melody. This is 2016, after all, there's no need to feel shame when asking for exactly what you want. And if you expect to get it, as Spears clearly does in "Make Me", then all the better. It's the kind of song that'll get you feeling yourself in no time, and here are the 11 sexiest lyrics.
1. Friday, I'm dreaming a mile a minute 'bout somebody / This feeling, I wanna go with it, cause there's no way / We're hiding away from this tonight, oh, this tonight
We've all been there — counting down the minutes at our job until it's the weekend and we get to go spend time with that special someone.
2. Can tell you want me / By the way I see you starin' 'cross the room, babe
Let's not lie to ourselves, mmmkay?
3. No shame in the game / Just cut the sh*t, be honest / Yeah, you know what you gotta do tonight, do tonight
Love this attitude.
4. Just want you to raise my roof / Something sensational (oh yeah)
Get what you deserve, girl.
5. And make me oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh / And make me oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh
Hey, don't listen to this song with your parents.
6. No rules / From the bar to the car, let's take it back to my room
You don't have to tell me twice, Britney Spears.
7. Igniting the heat of the moment; let the sparks fuse / Blowing up to the ceiling, we're burning bright / When we cross the line
Is it hot in here, or is it just me?
8. Cause you're the flame I can't do without / The fire comes in the sapphire sun / There's no way I'm gonna be fighting this tonight, this tonight
Whoever thought that fire and gems could get me so excited in the pants?
9. Baby, cause you're the spark that won't go out / My heart's on fire when you're around / Make me oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh
10. I've always wondered what was off limits / Staring at you til I'm caught in this / Back and forth like this was all tennis
11. But I need you and I can take you / All the way and I'm able / To give you something sensational, so let's go, yeah
Hi G-Eazy, I'm Alexis. We haven't been introduced.
Whew, Is it alright if I go lie down for a second? Don't come find me unless you have smelling salts in tow, because this has been a lot.
Images: Giphy (11)