9 Quotes From Brad and Angelina About Love, So Get The Tissues Ready
A day we never thought would come — Brangelina is over. According Angelina’s lawyer, Jolie Pitt filed for divorce “for the health of the family.” After years of paparazzi pictures showing what a happy family they were, it's hard to imagine what went so wrong. We’ve seen them fall in love (throwback to the days of Mr. & Mrs. Smith), start and grow a family, and get married in 2014.
It’s an end that doesn’t make much sense, considering how strong and loving the couple has been to each other over the years. Last year Brad and Angelina starred in By the Sea — a story of a troubled married couple vacationing in France. Despite rumors, they proved their relationship was just as solid as ever when in a joint interview, Angelina told Today: "I’m counting on the audience to know that if it was close to us at all, we could never make this film — it’s because we’re actually very stable and these aren’t our issues."
After 10 years and six kids, it's hard to believe such an incredible love story is over. While news is still rolling in on the details of the split, here are nine quotes from the famous duo to remind you love is real.
1. "There are no secrets at our house. We tell the kids, 'Mom and Dad are going off to kiss.' They go, 'Eww, gross!' But we demand it," Brad, to USA Weekend.
2. “He is not just the love my life, he is my family. I hold that very dear. I suppose what I've learned from Brad is to be able to have the kind of family whose happiness and well-being comes before your own. I’m very very grateful to have such a loving family, and I wouldn't have that without him." Angelina, to Marie Claire.
3. “One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She’s such a great mom. Oh, man, I’m so happy to have her," Brad, to Parade.
4. "The kids asked me the other day and I asked them if it was just because they wanted to have a big cake. They see movies that have the people getting married in the movies or somebody's, you know, the happily ever after. Shrek and Fiona are married. ... We've explained to them that our commitment when we decided to start a family was the greatest commitment you could possibly have. Once you have six children ... you're committed."— Angelina, to Christiane Amanpour.
5. "She's still a bad girl. Delightfully so. It's not for public consumption." — Brad, to CBS This Morning.
6. “It’s not just that I love being in Brad’s company, which obviously I do, but it’s that we both roll up our sleeves and take on what we care about in the same way. I have a lot of respect for him, and he helps me to be better and fight hard for things that I love,” Jolie, to W.
7. "Being married means I can break wind and eat ice cream in bed." — Brad Pitt.
8. "I get up some mornings and gasp," Brad told E! News.
9. "I always wanted a great love affair: something that feels big and full, really honest, and enough. No moment should feel slight, false, or a little off. For me, it had to be everything." — Angelina Jolie
No matter what, they had a real love. Let's all take a moment to remember.