Selena Gomez’s Suspicious Ring Means We Could Live In A World Where Justin Bieber Is A Husband
Hardcore Selenator or not, there's a good chance you are rooting for Selena Gomez to move on from Justin Bieber. That's why the most recent gossip about the former (or maybe current?) couple is so hard to hear. Selena Gomez has been wearing a ring on a certain finger suggesting that she might be married/engaged/not-disgusted-by Justin Bieber. She most recently was seen wearing the ring at Saturday's Kids Choice Awards. A source who spoke with Hollywood Life says, "The ring was a gift from Justin, it’s not an engagement ring, but they are back on and very serious." Oh no! Don't do it! He's trouble! Remember your (ex-)friend Taylor Swift, Selena. She thinks he's trouble and she knows trouble when it walks in!
The source goes on to say, "Her family is extremely worried that she’ll do something crazy like elope with him. Selena is totally wrapped back up in Justin, it’s the same pattern happening all over again." If Selena Gomez married Justin Bieber... I mean, how do you even finish that sentence? Twitter would be down for a week? Beliebers would take to the street in protest? I would have to write about a Bieber-Gomez wedding for all of eternity? It's too much to comprehend.
Luckily, there are a few reasons why the engagement or marriage rumors are likely untrue, even if they do happen to be dating again.
- The ring is a simple gold band. Unless they skipped the engagement and went straight to marriage, this makes no sense. Justin Bieber would buy "the most elegant princess in the world" a super flashy diamond worth millions of dollars. The Biebz is not one for subtlety.
- If they were engaged/married, Gomez wouldn't wear the ring openly and in public. She has to know that the idea of her getting back together with Bieber isn't a popular one.
- Gomez wears a lot of rings and she doesn't give an eff what finger she puts them on. She previously stirred up engagement rumors when she was seen wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger in 2011.
- Justin Bieber can't keep his mouth shut, so if they were engaged, he would have accidentally tweeted about it by now. Or maybe even have "accidentally" tweeted about it. He doesn't hold back his feelings.
- Gomez should know that the threats from Beliebers aren't worth it. They are seriously scary and will seriously attack her if she marries Bieber.
Unfortunately there also happens to be one piece of evidence that suggests there could be something fishy going on here.
- Selena Gomez posted a photo of herself with what appears to be the ring on March 22. She captioned it "accessories" and the accessories in sight are the ring, a hair bow, and sunglasses. Also, she's making the international symbol for "Shush! I'm keeping a secret."
Ah! Did they think this was a sneaky way to share their love? Did he somehow convince her to get engaged/accept a promise ring/not be disgusted by him and in exchange did she somehow convince him to not talk about it online and not buy a gigantic diamond?
I'm thinking that they aren't engaged, but only that they aren't engaged yet. I sense a Bieber and Gomez engagement in coming on soon and I suggest we all start preparing ourselves now.
Images: Selena Gomez/Instagram