You guys, where has the summer gone? It seems like just yesterday that the 2014 Cannes Film Festival ended and summer began, but now Labor Day is just around the corner and everyone’s favorite warm-weather season is rapidly coming to an end. But at least it was a good one, right? I mean we learned all about what your summer style says about you (P.S. it's probably not what you'd imagine); we discovered more than 20 new ways to wear a summer scarf (who knew it was such a versatile piece?); and, most importantly, we realized that there’s a good chance Taylor Swift is the queen of summer street style.
And speaking of celebrities and their amazing warm-weather ensembles, this summer had a slew of sexy, sweet, and perfectly on-season looks in store for us, whether it was Maria Sharapova in Marc Jacobs at a CFDA event; Jessica Alba’s ladylike Antonio Berardi dress on Good Morning America ; or the string of sexy-chic ensembles Selena Gomez wore at the Ischia Global Film Festival.
But would you believe me if I said these ladies' looks didn't even come close to being the best celeb styles of the summer? In fact, there were at least 25 celebrity ensembles this summer that looked even better, and here's a definitive ranking of each and every one of them.
25. Chrissy Teigen's Three Floor dress at Spike's Guys Choice Awards
Even on a bad day, the model is still hotter than the summer sun, so it's no wonder she absolutely sizzled in this tiny yellow mini and voluminous, vixenish hair.
24. Keri Russell's J.Mendel gown at the Critics Choice TV Awards
For those of you wanting to know how to dress like Keri Russell, it's simple: Pick a black and white palette, add a little bit of cool-girl edge, and look sexy as hell in a down-to-there red carpet gown.
23. Emma Roberts's Catherine Malandrino crop top combo at the Maui Film Festival
Roberts kicked off the summer season on a high note, pairing her matching embroidered set with a sexy pair of metallic heels for just a hint of shiny color.
22. Jamie Chung's Three Floor Dress at the Birchbox Soho store opening
Chung's summer style was full of hit after hit, but this structured number — with its fun cutouts and mix of toned-down hues — was by far her best of the season.
21. Charlize Theron's Dior mini at the Dior Couture show
When you're competing with the likes of Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson on the front row, you have to wear something amazing to really stand out. Fortunately, Theron's super-hot gold mini was just the look to do so.
20. Cate Blanchett's Chanel ensemble at the How to Train Your Dragon 2 premiere in Sydney
Not even the basic black shoes could take away from how stunning and intricately detailed that bodice on Blanchett's Chanel number truly was.
19. Kerry Washington's Sportmax ensemble at the Women in Film Awards
Washington's first post-baby red carpet appearance was a smashing success, thanks to her visually intriguing skirt, color-packed heels, and sexy orange lip.
18. Emma Watson's Valentino ensemble at the Valentino Couture show
Is it summery? Not exactly. But is it really kick ass and totally not what we would expect from the ladylike Watson? Absolutely.
17. Diane Kruger's Roksanda dress at the The Bridge Summer TCA Tour
Kruger typically shines in her avant-garde, super-couture numbers on the red carpet, so it was a breath of fresh air to see her in something as casual (but still flawless) as this color-blocked Roksanda number.
16. Cat Deeley's Alberta Ferretti dress at the Teen Choice Awards
The So You Think You Can Dance host's flouncy dress was everything you need for summer: flirty, floral print, and absolutely packed with vivid color.
15. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's dressed down denim ensemble
The supermodel doesn't even have to get all dressed up to look amazing for summer. In fact, she managed to make a white tee and distressed denim shorts look like the hottest thing this side of spring.
14. Nina Dobrev's Vionnet ensemble at the Teen Choice Awards
From the braid and the fun colors to that smoky eye and those hot-pink heels, Dobrev nailed laid-back summer style in this separates combo.
13. Emma Stone's Dolce & Gabbana frock at the Magic in the Moonlight premiere
After a string of fabulous looks on her Spider-Man 2 press tour, Stone continued her red carpet reign of style in this beautifully printed Dolce & Gabbana number and strappy sandals.
12. Emily Blunt's Prada dress at the Edge of Tomorrow New York premiere
The only thing more amazing than Blunt in this red-hot Prada number? The fact that she looks this great in it only months after giving birth to her first child.
11. Victoria Beckham's Victoria Beckham dress at Wimbledon
I wouldn't be shocked if her fellow fans spent more time with their eyes on her beautifully color-blocked dress than on the action on the court.
10. Gisele Bundchen's Louis Vuitton number at the FIFA World Cup Closing Ceremony
The supermodel's cute green mini was only outshone by those amazingly printed, thick-heeled shoes (and maybe that Louis Vuitton case, too).
9. Kerry Washington's Dolce & Gabbana mini at the BET Awards
Everyone knows floral prints and summer are a natural pair, especially when you add a chic white pump into the mix.
8. Heidi Klum's Sean Kelly gown at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards
Not only did Klum look hippie-chic in her electric blue fringed gown at the annual awards show, but all the twisting and twirling on the red carpet means she also had a really great time in this slinky ensemble.
7. Chloe Grace Moretz's Miu Miu dress at the If I Stay New York premiere
The young star was summer perfection in her sequined Miu Miu mini and pared-down metallic heels.
6. Nicola Peltz's Prada gown at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Tokyo premiere
Peltz was one of the biggest breakout stars of the summer season, and one glance at this vibrant, flowing Prada gown will tell you why.
5. Taylor Swift's Monique Lhuillier gown at The Giver premiere in New York
I've already mentioned that Swift's summer street style is perhaps the best of the season, but it was this stunning red carpet gown at The Giver premiere that could land her atop the best-dressed-of-the-year list.
4. Taylor Schilling's Peter Pilotto dress at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards
Schilling's sexy look has all the makings of a flawless summer look: sequins, a lot of skin, and one really great updo.
3. Elle Fanning's Christopher Kane mini at 2014 Comic-Con
The only thing to adore more than her charming floral-embellished dress is the bold yellow eyeliner she fearlessly sported, too.
2. Nicola Peltz's Prada gown at the Transformers: Age of Extinction World Premiere
Peltz looked like a veritable red carpet pro — and an absolute dream — in this icy blue, jeweled Prada gown.
1. Rihanna's Adam Selman number at the 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards
Leave it to Rihanna to make one of the very first ensembles of the 2014 summer season look both NSFW and absolutely amazing all at the same time.
Images: Getty (24); Rosie Huntington-Whiteley/Instagram