9 Body Positive Quotes To Post To Social Media Right Now If You're Feeling Some Beautiful Self Love
Most of us hit "the gram" (as I call it) every day, several times a day; this is just the world we live in. And although it's pretty hard to avoid the influx of pictures that models and actresses post daily that can make even the most confident, body loving person feel like they "just can't compare," it's also pretty easy to find a plethora of body positive quotes. In order to remember how we truly feel about ourselves or to be inspired to re-vamp our notions of "aspirational" beauty to feel better about ourselves, sometimes a great uplifting quote can really do the job.
And because I am nothing if not a giver, I have collected more than a handful and less than a basket-full of inspirational (but not cheesy) quotes that you should really "Gram" or Tweet pronto. Who doesn’t like to be reminded of the beautiful truth? Some of these quotes are brought to you by your favorite actresses and artists, and some were spoken by powerful authors. But what all of these people have in common is that they knew what they were talking about when they shared their infinite wisdom.
So if you’re having negative thoughts about your body or you just need a reminder that you’re perfectly lovely just the way you are, than scroll down and soak in the truth.
1. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” — Steve Maraboli
The bestselling author of Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experiences knows what he's talking about. By the way, we will have a June wedding — you're all invited.
2. “You have to remember that it’s not practical or possible for an everyday woman to look like [models]. Being size zero is a career in itself so we shouldn’t try and be like them. It’s not realistic and it’s not healthy.” — Rihanna
Ri Ri, how are you so wise? While some people are naturally size 0 and perfectly healthy, the rest of us shouldn't feel pressured to mold ourselves to that image if that's not how our bodies were meant to be. And, yes, I am going to make popcorn now.
3. “You’re a human being, you live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damn red velvet cupcake.” — Emma Stone
Emma Stone just makes me happy. Homegirl makes an exceptionally good point. Why don't I live near a bakery?!
4. "Girls of all kinds can be beautiful — from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It's not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow box... Think outside of the box... Pledge that you will look in the mirror and find the unique beauty in you." — Tyra Banks
I love this so much. There is little I miss more than The Tyra Banks Show. She is right in saying that every single one of us is unique and we shouldn't try to modify ourselves into something we're not. We just have to open our eyes to all the beauty that is looking at us in the mirror.
5. "God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped." — Drew Barrymore
Sing it Drew, baby! That's right. You have a beautiful body. Be thankful that you have working arms and legs and that they do whatever you want them to.
6. "I think that whatever size or shape body you have, it's important to embrace it and get down! The female body is something that's so beautiful. I wish women would be proud of their bodies and not diss other women for being proud of theirs!" — Christina Aguilera
Christina makes a great point in saying that we as women should never put other women down about the way their bodies are. Be proud of yourself and be proud of the woman next to you, too.
7. "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live in." — Jim Rohn
I love this quote by Jim Rohn. It's funny to think of yourself living inside your body like you would a house, but it's true. Just like you take care of your home and love your home, you should do the same for your body.
8. "There is no wrong way to have a body." — Glenn Marla
Boom. This is such a simple but powerful statement. No matter how you're made, you are not wrong. You are perfectly you.
9. "Treat your body like you would treat a friend." — Amber Riley
This is an amazing quote by the lovely Amber Riley. I would hope that you wouldn't be hateful or say negative things about your friends, so why would you treat yourself that way?
Images: mightyhealthyquest/Tumblr; Giphy