'American Horror Story' Season 4 Location & Era Hinted At, We Can't Wait
American Horror Story: Coven may still be going witchy and strong, but there's not time but the present to look forward to American Horror Story: To Be Decided, AKA the mysterious fourth season we know nothing of so far. But wait! We don't know nothing! Because Ryan Murphy provided some hints for AHS Season 4, and though they are vague, they will keep us occupied for the time being.
So what's next for American Horror Story? Well, "“It’s not contemporary," Ryan Murphy told Entertainment Weekly. As for location, “It’s either going to shoot in New Orleans or it’s going to shoot in Santa Fe.”
Like I said, not a whole lot to go on here — but also a whole lot of American history!
So basically, here's what we know about American Horror Story Season 4:
- It will be set (or at least shot) in either New Orleans or Santa Fe.
- It will be (*sob*) Jessica Lange's last season.
- It will not be contemporary, which tells us very little except that there will likely be period garb.
- There will be no spin-off, which is another thing Murphy confirmed in his interview with EW. As he told them, “We were starting to break episode 8 or 9 and we were like, ‘Well, we can’t kill that person off because we need them for the spin-off.’ As soon as those words were said, I was like, ‘There is no spin-off.’ Because it took away from the joy of the show. The reason the show is successful is no one is safe ever.”
- It will likely involve horror.
We're kind of hoping they pick Santa Fe for this next season — it'd be a nice change of pace, plus it'd give the show a whole new set of racial politics to deal with.