Last Minute Thanksgiving Sides: Caramelized Baby Carrots with Vermouth
The rich colors and sweet, honey-roasted flavor of these caramelized baby carrots make them the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving repertoire. Your local farmers market is a great source for the produce, but supermarket carrots work as well.
1 lb different color baby carrots
2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup dry Vermouth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Snip the green part of the carrots.
2. Peel the carrots.
3. Cut them in half lengthwise.
4. In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil.
5. Arrange the carrots cut-side down.
6. Over medium heat sauté the carrots until browned slightly.
7. Add ¼ cup dry Vermouth and let it simmer.
8. Just before the Vermouth evaporates, add the agave syrup and mix well.
9. Make sure carrots are evenly coated. Cook them for another 2 minutes. Serve warm.