13 Funniest "Unusual Money Saving Ideas" Tweets That Might Actually Work
When it comes to saving money, the more tips the better, right? And when it comes to unusual money-saving ideas, yes, please. Most of you may learn money-saving tactics from your parents while growing up. However, you're never too old to learn more money-saving tips and tricks, whether it's from financial planners, friends, or even Twitter. Yep, #UnusualMoneySavingIdeas is trending on Twitter right now, and some of the ideas are so ridiculous they actually may work.
On a serious note, financial experts have all kinds of advice, from automating part of each paycheck into savings to saving a certain percentage come every pay period. Millennial Arian Vojdani, Investment Strategist at MV Financial, a wealth management firm, is more into saving a certain percentage of each paycheck. "Generally, I try to save a fourth of every dollar I earn, and I think this is a good guideline for other Millennials as well," he tells Bustle. "It will help set them on the path of financial freedom and success later in life."
Though Vojdani's advice is solid as far as saving money from each check, the twitterverse took money-saving ideas a bit more lightly. Here are 13 #unusualmoneysavingideas tweets. They will definitely give you some ideas, as well as make you laugh out loud.
1. You Can Save On Transportation Costs
2. You Can Avoid Buying Non-Essentials
3. You Can Not Give In To The Temptation Of An iPhone
4. You Can Ask For A LOT Of Help From Your Neighbors
5. You Can Ask For Help From Your Friends
6. You Can Try Eating Something Other Than Food
7. You Can Look At Alternative Forms Of Housing
8. You Can Just Not Spend Money
9. You Can Get Water From A Sprinkler
10. You Can Use The Toilet For Other Purposes
11. You Can Bring Back The Swear Jar
12. You Could Spend More Time Alone
13. You Could Just Not Date
As you can see, there are *plenty* of ridiculous ways to save money, according to Twitter. You can probably think of plenty of your own, too — funny, serious, or somewhere in between.