Step aside, BitMoji and Candy Crush. There's a new app in town, and even Hollywood's biggest celebs are obsessed with it. The Google Arts & Culture app won't help you find just any old twin. Oh no. It finds your art museum twin — your 1700s look-alike featured in a portrait hanging in a museum somewhere. Not only does it give you an excuse to take more selfies, but your art history game is going to be #onfleek. If you're as fascinated with finding your twin as I am, you're going to love these other websites and apps you can find your doppelgänger on. That's right — Google's app isn't the only one that will match you up with your long lost twin.
Some people believe we all have a twin. I certainly do. One time, at volleyball camp, I sat across the court from a girl who looked so much like me, I thought I was either delusional or my parents were keeping a secret from me. But according to science, it's actually kind feasible that we all have a doppelgänger. In fact, there could be more than one person on this planet we bear a striking resemblance to. Here's why.
Two totally random strangers are still going to share around 99.5 percent of their gene sequence. Out of the other 0.5 percent, there are about 16 million pairs of DNA that account for our many individual variations. Still, it's undoubtedly small in comparison to all that we share.
Considering the many similarities we humans share with each other on a genetic level, could it honestly be that hard to find your twin? Maybe, maybe not. With an open mind, I went on a mission to find other apps and websites that will help you find your doppelgänger. For reference, this is the image I used, mainly because it's the one selfie where I don't look like a complete potato.
Some of the apps promised to find my celebrity twin (oh boy!), while others would scan faces of Average Joes like me. On a scale of 1 to What The Hell Were You People Thinking, I set the bar pretty low to try to avoid disappointment.