'Bachelor In Paradise' Season 4 Will Continue Filming As Planned After The Investigation
After filming on Season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down due to allegations of "misconduct" on set, Warner Bros. has now announced the investigation has been concluded. According to the statement, Bachelor In Paradise will resume filming, but with a few changes: "We plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants."
The Bachelor In Paradise investigation, which was conducted "with the assistance of an outside law firm," focused on whether a sexual encounter between contestant DeMario Jackson and a female contestant, who was later identified by TMZ as Corinne Olympios, was consensual. "We take all such allegations seriously," the statement explained. "The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly."
After reviewing footage of the encounter, Warner Bros. stated that "the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy." Warner Bros. said out of respect of privacy of those involved, they would not publicly release the videotape of the incident.
Warner Bros. says no misconduct happened on "Bachelor in Paradise" set. Production on this season is resuming w/ "changes" to show policies. pic.twitter.com/QvBYrAFKBk— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) June 20, 2017
An ABC spokesperson has released a statement regarding news that the investigation has been concluded:
Update: On Tuesday, Corinne Olympios' lawyer Martin Singer released a statement to Bustle that read,
Earlier: Last week, Jackson's lawyer, Walter Mosley, told Variety that the footage would prove his client was innocent. “The tapes are the real facts needed to vindicate DeMario’s name," he said, adding this incident had "caused a lot of trauma — both physical and emotional injury" for Jackson and his family. "He’s a celebrity for all the wrong reasons," Mosley said.
Days after the filming was suspended, Olympios released a statement to Bustle that read:
Jackson also released a statement to Bustle:
As of this time it's unclear whether Olympios or Jackson will return to Bachelor In Paradise this season. An exact premiere date was not given by ABC, but the show was originally slated to start Aug. 8.