Another day, another Bachelor in Paradise update. But this time around, the news is coming directly from a major person involved in the allegations that shut down the filming of the reality series — DeMario Jackson. TMZ asked Jackson about the Bachelor in Paradise allegations against him on June 13 and filmed the exchange. Although he didn't say much more than, "No comment," the former Bachelor contestant did note that he is not upset with the other party of the alleged event.
Update: On Wednesday, June 14, Corinne Olympios' rep released a statement about the Bachelor In Paradise allegations to Bustle:
Update #2: On the evening of Wednesday, June 14, Jackson released a statement about Olympios' allegations to E! News:
Update #3: On June 20, an ABC spokesperson provided the following statement to Bustle:
Warner Bros.' statement to Bustle read,
Update #4: On Tuesday, Corinne Olympios' lawyer Martin Singer released a statement to Bustle that read,
Earlier: Warner Bros. announced on June 11 that, due to "allegations of misconduct," the company was suspending production on Bachelor in Paradise. Several news sources, including TMZ and PEOPLE, then reported that these allegations involved a seemingly non-consensual sexual encounter between Jackson and a female contestant in the Bachelor in Paradise pool. Sources allegedly close to Jackson told TMZ that he has continued to say the rumored sexual encounter was consensual and that he's reportedly asking for the video footage of it to be released since it will prove his innocence. (The New York Post obtained alleged text messages from Jackson that seem to corroborate this, but Jackson has made no comment on the veracity of them.)
TMZ had previously reported that alleged sources close to the female contestant said that she is allegedly claiming that she was too intoxicated and doesn't remember the reported encounter. And that, while she doesn't completely blame Jackson, she is allegedly upset with producers for not stopping the incident. Bustle has reached out to both contestants for comment, but has yet to receive a response. Warner Bros. declined to comment on the new allegations, but, at the time of the original production shutdown, gave the following statement:
TMZ found Jackson in West Hollywood and asked him about his relationship with the other contestant. When asked, "Are you upset that she's saying that she didn't give you consent?," Jackson replied, "No, no. I'm all good." When TMZ pressed again, asking, "Are you upset with [her] at all?," he seemed to indicate that he wasn't. Jackson also said that he's not afraid of how these allegations are impacting his reputation in the media.
With so much information unknown and unconfirmed at this point, the focus shouldn't really be about whether or not Jackson is upset. Instead, the focus should be more about discovering what really happened with sensitivity. Still, while TMZ's interview with him doesn't provide much more insight, it did show that Jackson's not going to be contributing to the rumors that are flying around right now.
Editor's Note: This article has been updated from its original version.