Jared Haibon Found The 'Bachelor In Paradise' Allegations "Shocking", But Is Glad The Show Is Back On
It's amazing what can change in just a few days. Last week, Bachelor in Paradise shut down production following allegations that Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson had been involved in nonconsensual sexual activity, but now that Warner Bros. has concluded its investigation into the matter, filming is officially back on. And on Wednesday night, Bach alum Jared Haibon opened up about Bachelor in Paradise while talking to People, and he was just as shocked as fans were when news of the incident first surfaced.
As for Olympios and Jackson, they are both working with lawyers. Jackson has claimed that his character was "assassinated" and wants to clear his name. Olympios has referred to herself as a "victim" and her lawyer has stated that their investigation will continue.
Since Haibon has not only appeared on The Bachelorette but also two seasons of BiP, it would seem he's pretty well versed on how both shows work from a contestant's perspective. And as he told the magazine, spending that time getting to know the producers made him think that they would never allow the contestants to be put into danger.
When the story first broke, TMZ reported that a producer allegedly filed a complaint regarding alleged nonconsensual sexual activity. Haibon says he had a hard time putting together what could have gone down based on what he knows about the show and says he found the reports "shocking."
It makes sense that Haibon would be shocked, especially if the reports truly were so different from what he's experienced on the set himself. But he still wasn't there when the alleged event happened, so he has no way of knowing what actually occurred.
Ashley Iaconetti also spoke to People about what happened, and although she didn't speak to her own relationships with the producers, she did share a few of her thoughts on Jackson, mentioning that she hasn't heard "great things" from friends they have in common.
On Tuesday, Warner Bros. released the following statement about its investigation:
Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 will premiere this summer.