I think we can all agree certain things are stressful, like missing a flight, getting bad news, or losing a job. Harrowing experiences aside, however, it seems that it's possible to sort us all into groups when it comes to what we'd find most stressful — especially if you take astrological signs into account.
Of course, this isn't cut and dry. It's totally possible for one Aries to find something stressful, while another sits calmly by and doesn't bat an eye. But, as it is with certain personality traits, many Zodiac signs can find common ground when it comes to what stresses them out the most.
"Each sign emphasizes different values and priorities, and therefore each sign has its own set of unique stressors," professional astrologer Rachel Lang tells Bustle. "Our signs give us big clues about our personalities, values, and priorities. Therefore, when we learn about our signs, we can identify potentially stressful situations."
And that means we can work on becoming less stressed about those situations, over time. "Knowledge is power, and when we learn more about our sign, we can find ways to overcome fears, manage stress, and live more relaxed lives." Below, Lang's take on the five situations most likely to stress you out, based on your sign.
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
1. Losing: Whether it's while playing a board game, or going out for that new job, the thought of coming in second can truly stress you out. This is all thanks to the fact Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet that drives our competitive spirit.
2. Relationships: You love to be loved, but you also enjoy a sense of freedom. And that can be a stressful combo.
3. Professional situations: Since you always want to do your best, any type of professional situation — like a big meeting, or an interview — can make you sweat. This is especially true if you feel like you aren't fully prepared.
4. Conflicts with friends: Nobody likes to fight with friends, but these situations can be particularly upsetting for you. "Although Aries is the sign of the warrior, they do not actually enjoy engaging in conflicts. They can’t help themselves sometimes, but these situations stress them out."
5. Stressful situations: Other people may be cool under pressure, but "chill" is not a word you'd describe yourself.
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
1. Money stuff: Taurus is all about financial security, so any time money issues crop up, you worry to a pretty intense degree until things are resolved.
2. Change: Again, due to your desire for security, you're not the biggest fan of job changes, breakups, or big moves.
3. Loved ones leaving: In the same vein, if someone you love or care about moves away, you're likely to be a shaky, stressed out mess.
4. Home repairs: This one might sound trivial, but of all the signs, you're most likely to get stressed out over leaky sinks and broken windows.
5. Grudges: Holding onto resentments from the past can add stress to anyone's life, but this can be especially true if you're a Taurus. "This one is more subtle but can be a real problem over time."
Gemini (May 21 - June 20)
1. Being stuck: If your life is keeping you in one place (like, maybe you have a restrictive desk job) then you're more likely to feel stressed out.
2. Big commitments: While you can certainly make and keep commitments, you aren't the biggest fan of 'em. "Having to commit to one thing can be stressful for a Gemini."
3. Clutter: Do you absolutely hate it when your desktop is a mess? "Nothing stresses a Gemini out like not being able to find a file on their computer."
4. Communication challenges: No one likes it when their phone breaks, or all their contacts are lost. But these types of situations can really make you lose your sh*t.
5. Not having weekend plans: Do you panic come Friday, when you don't have any plans? Whether it's a big night out, or simply a night in with Netflix, you need to know what you're doing, or else you feel stressed.
Cancer (June 21 - July 22)
1. Issues with pets: If your dog gets sick, you just can't deal. But things can really get out of hand if you go online and start typing in symptoms. "Keep away from WebMD or any type of online symptom checker." It'll just make you more upset.
2. Relationship issues: "If Cancer’s special someone grows distant, Cancer feels stressed about the potential fate of a relationship. They need emotional security."
3. Ghosting: Again, due to your love of security, ghosting can be particularly upsetting. "Ghosting stresses Cancer in a dating situation. They need to know what the other person is feeling."
4. Hanging onto the past: While we all have the potential to cling to the past, it's something Cancers tend to do, even though it's upsetting.
5. Feeling alone: Nothing upsets a Cancer more than finding themselves alone.
Leo (July 23 - August 22)
1. Being overlooked: Getting passed over for a promotion sucks, but it can really hit a Leo the wrong way. "Leo likes to be recognized for their gifts and talents. If they feel overlooked, they feel stressed."
2. Relationship drama: If things are going south in your relationship, it's often all you can think about.
3. Conflicts with friends: Same goes for any type of conflict with friends. If there's fighting or arguing going on, you hate it, hate it, hate it.
4. Gossip: "If Leo hears someone close has said something about them behind their backs, they feel betrayed, and this can lead to stress. They are super loyal and expect others to be the same way."
5 Change: Like Taurus, Leos are not fond of change. But for Cancer, this especially true for any kind of relationship change.
Virgo (August 23 - September 22)
1. Messes: As a Virgo, you like a tidy room and an orderly house, so a stack of dirty dishes in the sink or pile of clothes on the floor can really set you off.
2. Clutter: Same goes for clutter, whether it's a messy pile on your desk, too many files on your desktop, or even an excessive amount of apps on your phone. You just can't.
3. Communication issues: Just like Gemini, you can feel incredibly upset when the internet is slow or your calls drop. You hate to be out of touch.
4. Worries: It sounds silly, but your stress tends to stress you out. "Virgo can worry about others or worry about other details of life. They have a tendency to 'sweat the small stuff,' and this can be stressful."
5. Global concerns: All the problems and issues of the world can drag you down, more so than many other signs. "Virgo likes to make a difference." And not always being able to do so can prove to be upsetting.
Libra (September 23 - October 22)
1. Overcommitment: You tend to say "yes" to everyone, and that shows your heart's in the right place. But it can lead to a stressful amount of commitments, especially since you always want to do a good job. "They feel stressed trying to live up to their commitments without disappointing others."
2. Relationships in general: "Whether they are single and wanting a relationship or involved and questioning the future, Libra can feel stress about all aspects of a relationship."
3. Making a decision: As you know, Libra is represented by the scales, so it makes sense why you'd weigh the pros and cons for everything, and why you might have a hard time making a decision.
4. Gossip: "Libra likes to be liked. They feel stressed if they hear others have been talking about them behind their backs."
5. Disappointing others: As mentioned above, you really dislike letting others down. Failing to follow through, or having to back out of something sends your stress levels sky high.
Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)
1. Betrayal: It takes a lot for you to trust someone, so any type of betrayal just doesn't sit right with you. And can even lead to a huge amount of stress.
2. Not having control: "When Scorpio feels like they don’t have a say, they feel stressed."
3. Fear of losing investments: Do you completely panic when your stocks fall even the tiniest bit? "Scorpio prides themselves on their ability to think strategically about the future. If something threatens their security, they feel extreme stress."
4. Debt: In the same vein, Scorpio hates the idea of falling into debt. And any issues that might hint at that can cause a lot of stress.
5. Losing a loved one: While this obviously sucks for everyone, Scorpio can take their fear of loss to the extreme. "I have known Scorpios who have stayed in one town their entire lives because they wanted to stay nearby in case a loved one passed away."
Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)
1. Feeling stuck: "Sagittarius needs to know they can leave at any time." So if you feel stuck, you're likely to freak out.
2. Losing a passport: That's why losing a passport or other travel document can prove incredibly stressful, too. You like to know you can light on outta town at a moment's notice.
3. Proving a point: You can to prove your point, and say it concisely. So if you're struggling to do so, or someone isn't listening, expect to be stressed.
4. Deception: If you pick up hints that someone's trying to deceive you, it can set off all your warning bells, and even cause you to question your relationship with that person.
5. Relationship issues: You hate having problems with your SO, but even more so if they have to do with control. "Sagittarius needs to have a sense of freedom and relationships with power struggles or control issues can be really stressful for them."
Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)
1. Fear of failure: "If Capricorn feels under-appreciated at their job or as if they have hit a glass ceiling, they feel stressed."
2. Pressure from others: You probably have a pretty strong sense of obligation to others — especially family members. And that can lead to a lot of pressure and stress. "They are susceptible to guilt trips from Mom and Dad."
3. Comparison: While you have a competitive streak, you aren't about comparing yourself to others. The moment you feel inadequate or less than, you feel stressed.
4. Too much responsibility: You're OK with responsibility, but not the overwhelm that comes with it. "Capricorn can take on too much or be too ambitious. This could lead to stress because there are only 24 hours in a day, and Capricorn has 30 hours worth of tasks on their to-do list."
5. Negative thoughts: "Capricorn may be hard on themselves, and this can cause stress. Their thoughts can be negative, and this can hurt their self-esteem."
Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)
1. Worrying about others: If your friend is going through a tough time, it's like you're right there going through it with them. "They genuinely care about others and desire to help out."
2. Relationship issues: You can feel a lot of stress in relationships, but especially so if your partner relies on you for everything. "They like to maintain their sense of independence, and they feel stressed if they feel trapped in a relationship.
3. Global concerns: "Political issues or other societal challenges can keep an Aquarius up at night. They like to be part of the solution and to give back."
4. Big moves: While you're a free-spirited person, once you get comfy, you do like to stay settled. "They resist big change. It can be difficult for them to let go."
5. Tech issues: "Computer crashes, wifi issues, or car malfunctions can stress out an Aquarius. These sorts of challenges make them feel disconnected from others and at a loss of control."
Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
1. Disappointing others: As a Pisces, you're an incredibly sensitive soul. So it makes sense why the idea of letting someone down would really stress you out.
2. Things not working out: You're an optimistic person, but you often get carried away when it comes to making promises. Because you know you're going to let people down, you stress as you watch things not work out. And on the cycle goes.
3. Losing a relationship: Pisces become emotionally invested in their relationships, and have a close connection with those closest to them. As a result, the thought of losing that bond can be stressful AF.
4. Getting caught: You have high standards, so you hate it when someone catches you doing something unhealthy or out of character — like telling a white lie or getting a little too drunk. "They can default to unhealthy behaviors when they’re stressed out, but this can add more stress because they feel guilty on top of it all."
5. Conflict: You're a lover, not a fighter. So any type of conflict can really get ya down.
Images: Pexels (13)