When Will 'Bachelor In Paradise' Season 4 Start Filming Again? There's Been A Serious Incident

Amidst all the rumors flying around, when Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 starts filming again is still up in the air. If you're wondering why filming was suspended in the first place, let me catch you up on the incredibly serious allegations that are flying with regards to the production of this season.

According to Entertainment Tonight, filming stopped following "allegations of misconduct." Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman tweeted she was informed that this was because two contestants were allegedly drunk on the first night of filming, the pair reportedly got into the pool, and she claims things allegedly "turned into soft core porn," though she clarifies that they reportedly did not have sex. Her source claimed that a producer filed a "third party complaint," and she also claimed that the producer is now allegedly suing the production for misconduct over what she reportedly witnessed. Bustle has reached out to ABC for comment, but has yet to receive a response.

Update: On Monday, TMZ reported that sources allegedly close to the female contestant have been told that she was reportedly "in a blackout state" during the alleged incident and "remembers nothing." In addition, the sources also claim that she "doesn't fully blame DeMario because he too was drunk." A statement directly from the contestant herself has yet to be given.

Update #2: In a video posted by TMZ, Jackson says "no comment" in response to numerous questions about the alleged incident. Asked if he's upset about reports alleging that Olympios claims she did not give consent, Jackson responded, "No, no. I'm all good."

Update #3: On Wednesday, June 14, Corinne Olympios' rep released a statement about the Bachelor In Paradise allegations to Bustle:

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”

Update #4: On the evening of Wednesday, June 14, Jackson released a statement about Olympios' allegations to E! News:

"It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."

Update #5: On June 20, an ABC spokesperson provided the following statement to Bustle:

“We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.”

Warner Bros.' statement to Bustle read,

"As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

Update #6: On Tuesday, Corinne Olympios' lawyer Martin Singer released a statement to Bustle that read,

“It needs to be made crystal clear that production of 'Bachelor in Paradise' was shut down because of multiple complaints received from 'BIP' producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone. It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal Investigation, would state that no wrong doing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”

Earlier: Since Reality Steve tweeted on June 11 that the cast was being flown to Houston, this implies that filming isn't just going to stop for a day or two, because flying this many people from Mexico to Houston only to fly them back again the next day doesn't make sense time or budget wise. Theoretically, it could even suggest that the show may be canceled. After all, Warner Bros.' official statement on how they were proceeding was vague and non-committal about what action they would take.

Warner Bros. said:

"We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

Still, despite the sheer number of Twitter users assuming that Bachelor In Paradise is canceled, there does remain some hope. Entertainment Weekly claims otherwise, stating that a "network source" has confirmed to them that "the show has not been canceled."

At this point, prior to the formal investigation, all we can do is speculate; presumably if the situation is serious enough to warrant a third party complaint, it seems unlikely filming will resume over the next few months.

Editor's Note: This article has been updated from its original version.