Oh hey there, autumn. I see you peeking around the corner. You should probably just jump into my arms already... or into my coffee. I wouldn't mind that, either. Of course, one might argue that that's where any of the many pumpkin spice-flavored beverages making appearances at coffee shops everywhere come into play. But what about those days when you just don't want to leave the house? That's when you have to try this magical pumpkin pie coffee creamer recipe. Sometimes, your pajamas just get the best of you, and while this recipe won't turn a plain cup of java into a fancy latte, it's still bursting with pumpkin flavor. And I don't know about you guys, but anything pumpkin-flavored automatically gets a gold star (or three) in my book.
The best part about this DIY coffee creamer concoction is that it is so easy to make. You might even already have all of the ingredients. Even if you don’t, you’ll end up saving a pretty penny (and some unnecessary sugar) instead of buying the store-bought kind. Since it is completely homemade, you can even adjust the sweetness (or pumpkin pie spiciness) of the creamer. I can guarantee that you'll get all the autumn feels once you take a sip of this.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup creamer
- 2-4 teaspoons brown sugar*
- 1/2 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract*
1. Pour the milk and creamer into a pot. Simmer over low — not medium — heat. Add in the remaining ingredients, and mix well. The sugar and spice should melt into the liquid; keep stirring every now and then to get rid of any chunks.
2. Once everything is thoroughly dispersed, your creamer should have a light brown hue. Give it a taste to see how you like it.
3. Pour it in a glass bottle or mason jar, and store it in the refrigerator. The creamer should keep for about two weeks.
Every time your coffee needs a little lovin,' give the creamer a shake. It's not uncommon for some of the spice to settle at the bottom.
And just like that, you totally won the autumn game.
Looking for more pumpkin spice? Check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images: Kirsten Nunez