8 Books You’ll Love If You’re Obsessed With Blogging

These days, approximately 99 percent of my knowledge comes from blogs. (The other 1 percent comes from Twitter.) It’s only through reading blogs that I know how to make zucchini noodles, or milkmaid braid my hair; without blogs, I’d barely know how to dress myself in the morning. It’s fair to say I’m pretty obsessed with them — so when I do manage to drag myself away from browsing blogs on my laptop, it’s awesome when I can jump straight into a book about blogging.

As someone who blogs pretty regularly herself (don’t we all these days?), it’s super-exciting to see my fellow bloggers winning book deals. That means it could happen for the rest of us one day, too! The bloggers on this list offer so much help and support to their readers, so having a whole book of their advice is crazy-reassuring. We’ll never be lost for advice again, even if the WiFi’s down!

Some bloggers even go on to write fiction, which is like a combination of my two biggest loves and seems almost too good to be true. Whatever your favorite type of book is, if it’s written by, for, or about a blogger, you know you’re in for a treat.

Girl Online: On Tour by Zoe Sugg

Zoella’s first novel was mired in controversy after it emerged that it had largely been ghostwritten, so for the sequel, she has decided to go it alone. The Girl Online series is about a blogger called Penny, and her secret rockstar boyfriend.

CTRL; ALT; DELETE by Emma Gannon

This one isn’t due out for quite some time, but get excited now because when it hits next year, you’re going to want to be on that preorder list. Emma Gannon is the blogger who inspired me to start my own blog in the first place. On her site, Girl Lost In The City, she writes about books, clothes, travel, and most of all about forging your own path in the world. Yeah, it’s pretty inspirational stuff.

Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson

Jenny Lawson is The Bloggess, and Furiously Happy is her humorous take on living with anxiety and depression. That may not sound like a cheery topic, but Lawson tackles it with confidence and positivity. Bloggers can often inspire a severe case of Instagram-jealousy, but Lawson’s writing is all about embracing who you really are.

Friendship by Emily Gould

Blogger Emily Gould has had her fair share of hateful online comments, so the importance of friendship and support IRL (I know, I didn’t know that existed anymore either) is something that she truly understands. Her novel Friendship is about a best friendship between two women in their 30s, and every page of it is totally relatable.

Everything But The Posts by Becca Ludlum

Hey, just because we finally worked up the courage to put our thoughts online every week doesn’t mean that we’ve made it; setting up your blog is just the beginning. Becca Ludlum’s book of advice is invaluable for the blogger who’s just getting started.

Great by Sara Benincasa

Once you’re in the blogging world, you start to see other bloggers as mega-celebrities, and Sara Benincasa’s Great totally gets that. In her all-female, queer retelling of the classic The Great Gatsby, the celebrated Jay Gatsby himself is replaced by fashion blogger Jacinta.

Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland

When you hear the words "lifestyle blogger," you picture color-coordinated Pinterest boards, impossibly beautiful bedrooms, and impeccable accessories. While most of us bloggers are more accurately lying horizontal on the couch in a pair of sweatpants that have been unwashed for an embarrassingly long time, Louise Pentland encompasses everything that the title brings to mind. Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter will show you how to have that Instagram-perfect life you crave, but with a healthy dose of self-love and body positivity at the same time.

The Art of Pretending to Be a Grown Up by Grace Helbig

Grace Helbig’s book title sums up what it is we love so much about bloggers in the first place. The blogging community is like one big support group full of people pretending to be grown ups. Grace Helbig’s voice is hilarious and sassy, but also honest and reassuring — and The Art of Pretending to Be a Grown Up is exactly the book you need when life feels a little tough, and the only place that feels safe is the blogosphere.

Image: Pixabay

Must Reads