The New Year is upon us, and love is all around. Even more difficult than the search for the perfect midnight kiss, however, is finding just the right words to say exactly what's on your mind to express your affection to the people you cherish most — which is why you need these New Year quotes about love on your side. Figuring out how to say "I love you" can be hard enough, especially with the pressure of the holidays working against you. Don't start 2016 off feeling tongue-tied. These quotes, uttered by some of the most eloquent humans in history, will help you package what it is you want to say in a thoughtful way, be it to an intimate friend or a significant other.
Love quotes get a bad reputation for being gushy, sappy, or weird — but they are also some of the most memorable. From the wisdom of Mother Teresa to the words of that ultimate hopeless romantic, Taylor Swift, there is a quip here that is sure to resonate. And if you get to the bottom of this list and still find yourself struggling for the right words to begin 2016? A simple "I love you" will do the trick. In fact, that one happens to be my favorite.
1. "My Happy New Year wish for you is for your best year yet, a year where life is peaceful, and what you want, you get." — Joanna Fuchs
2. "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." — Mother Teresa
3. "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." — Edith Lovejoy Pierce
4. "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right." — Oprah Winfrey
5. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." — Audrey Hepburn
6. "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change." — Taylor Swift
8. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." — Lao Tzu
9. "Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one." — Brad Paisley
10. "Where there is love there is life." — Mahatma Gandhi
Looking for more holiday cheer? Check out Bustle on YouTube.
Image: Fotolia; Giphy