17 Easter Eggs in Disney Movies That You Never Noticed
It's no secret that the Disney universe is an interconnected one. Any living human with a VHS player — and some fine-tuned pausing skills — can quickly find an array of hidden Easter Eggs in their favorite Disney films. (Yes, Pixar isn't the only one that likes to reward their dedicated audience with winks and nods to previous films here and there.) It seems like the more films Disney produces, the more Easter Eggs they are willing to fill them with. Just take Big Hero 6 for example, a recent Disney film that's practically dripping with shout-outs to its predecessors.
Of course it's possible that the Easter Eggs in our beloved Disney movies were done for strategic reasons. If one character from an older Disney movie has already been rendered, wouldn't it make sense to just plop that character into a new Disney movie and call it a day? I mean, sure. That sounds simple enough. But there's no fun in that, right?! If these Easter Eggs turn out to be nothing more than a smart financial decision, or just sheer coincidence, I'm not sure I'll take as much joy in them.
So for now, when it comes to the following Disney Easter Eggs, I like to think there are no coincidences.
1. Frozen: Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Attending Elsa's Coronation
Just one of the many images that proved Frozen, Tangled, and The Little Mermaid may be more linked than we thought.
2. Lilo & Stitch: A Chinese Restaurant Named "Mulan Wok"
Should we believe Mulan owns this?!
3. Lilo & Stitch: Mulan Poster on Nani's Wall
Makes sense that Nani would have a poster of Mulan on her wall — as the two share some distinctly similar qualities.
4. 101 Dalmations: Is That Lady & The Tramp?
Not surprised to see these two love birds (dogs) roaming the streets together.
5. 101 Dalmations: Peg, from Lady & The Tramp
6. The Great Mouse Detective: Bill The Lizard From Alice in Wonderland
7. The Great Mouse Detective: Dumbo Bubble Machine
The famous flying elephant appears as a toy.
8. The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Pumba As A Gargoyle?
This doesn't make any sense, but I'm not going to question it.
9. A Goofy Movie: Mickey Mouse In The Crowd
What do you know? Mickey Mouse loves live concerts.
10. Tangled: Sleeping Beauty's Spinning Wheel
Did someone warn her about the dangers of that wheel?
11. The Little Mermaid: The King & Grand Duke
The King and Grand Duke from Cinderella are guests at Eric and Vanessa's wedding ceremony.
12. Hercules: Scar as Hercule's Headpiece
The Lion King's villainous cat can be seen on Hercules, as a headpiece the hero dons.
13. The Princess And The Frog: King Triton
King Triton (Ariel's father from The Little Mermaid) makes an appearance on a float during Mardi Gras.
14. Tarzan: Mrs. Potts and Chip
I can't imagine that Mrs. Potts and Chips enjoyed being beaten by spoons, but who knows.
15. The Rescuers: Bambi & His Mother
Bambi and his mother must have made a pit stop in the world of The Rescuers before tragedy struck.
16. Meet the Robinsons: The Jungle Book
Maybe this was a hint that a live action version would be coming out soon?
17. Beauty And The Beast: Street Signs
What if Belle had actually ended up in Valencia, CA (the home of Disney Animation studios) or Anaheim, CA (the home of the Happiest Place on Earth)? I can't even imagine.
It's all so much to take in. I'm going to need a minute.
Images: Walt Disney Studios (17)