14 'Finding Nemo' Quotes To Remind You To Just Keep Swimming
From its debut in 2003 until Toy Story 3's run in 2010, Finding Nemo was the most successful film Pixar had ever produced. The movie made over $900 million at the worldwide box office, and it also sports the highest Rotten Tomatoes rating (99 percent) of any Pixar film that doesn't have the words "Toy Story" in its title. So anticipation is running high for the film's sequel, Finding Dory, but just how does one get ready for a sequel of this magnitude? By remembering the first film, naturally. That's why I've gathered 14 Finding Nemo quotes to prepare you for Finding Dory .
If it's been a while since you've seen the first film, here's one thing you should know right off the bat: Dory completely steals the show. The forgetful blue tang gets virtually all the best lines, which you'll see in the quotes below, that show off not just her funny side but her heartfelt side as well. Like any Pixar movie, I'm expecting a healthy mix of both laughs and tears in Finding Dory, so seeing what types of humor and pathos Finding Nemo put out there should help mentally prepare fans for what is sure to be an emotional roller coaster in the new film. So check out these quotes from Finding Nemo and get ready for Finding Dory.
1. "OK. I’m thinking of something orange, and it’s small..." — Dory
One of the funniest scenes in the film, where Dory plays a game of "I spy" where she spies Marlin. Every. Single. Time.
2. "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy." — Dory
Is Squishy coming back? Please tell me Squishy is coming back.
3. "Mr. Turtle is my father. The name’s Crush." — Crush
Crush is definitely coming back, so that's good news, dude.
4. "When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming." — Dory
I need this on a poster.
5. "Of course I like you. It's because I like you I don't want to be with you. It's a complicated emotion." — Marlin
Clearly, Marlin has gotten over his complicated feelings for Dory in the sequel since he goes on a search for her.
6. "You guys made me ink." — Pearl
Geez, you can't take Pearl anywhere.
7. "You got a problem, buddy? Huh? Huh? Do ya, do ya, do ya?" — Dory
Dory's memorable introduction. Hopefully the new characters in Finding Dory receive an equally great treatment.
8. "I can read? That's right, I can READ!" — Dory
This fish is full of surprises.
9. "Fish are friends, not food." — Bruce
The line that inspired countless pescatarians to turn vegan.
10. "So, we’re cheating death now. That’s what we’re doing, and we’re having fun at the same time." — Dory
Such a positive outlook.
11. "Mine! Mine! Mine!" — The Seagulls
Remember when everyone was yelling this all the time? It was like the "Run, Forrest, Run!" of 2003.
12. "Yes, I’m a natural blue." — Dory
Nobody does human jokes in an animal setting better than Pixar.
13. "I look at you, and I... and I'm home. Please... I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget." — Dory
I promised myself I wouldn't cry...
14. "I forget things almost instantly. It runs in my family… well, at least I think it does... hmm, where are they?" — Dory
The line that inspired the sequel. Seriously, where are they?
After reading these Finding Nemo quotes, you should be more excited than ever for Finding Dory. Now good luck not shouting "Mine!" all the time again like it's the early 2000s.
Images: Walt Disney/Pixar; Giphy