Kim Kardashian May Have Switched Up Her Security Team & The Decision Would Make Plenty Of Sense

In the aftermath of her devastating gunpoint robbery in October, Kim Kardashian reportedly let go of longtime bodyguard, Pascal Duvier, according to Us Weekly. Duvier also worked for the reality star's husband, Kanye West. An insider told Us Weekly that "the decision wasn’t personal but rather a complete overhauling of security after the incident." Bustle reached out to Kardashian and West's reps for comment, but has not heard back at this time. Duvier could not be reached for comment either. Though it's been almost a month since Kardashian's Paris attack, it makes sense that she'd be looking to switch up her security team after such a traumatic incident.

As a recap, last month, Kardashian was held up at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room, while men dressed as police officers raided her valuables, her rep confirmed. They reportedly walked away with $10 million worth of jewelry and other belongings. Apparently Duvier was out with Kardashian's sisters, Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner, on the night of the incident. However, per Us Weekly's report, an insider has conceded, "Kim is not blaming Pascal. She felt completely safe at the Paris apartment and doesn't believe this is his fault in any way.”

In a previous interview with People, an inside source spoke highly of Duvier's relationship with the family. "[Kardashian] was the one to tell him to go out with her sisters since she was fine and thought she was safe in the apartment," the source said. "He’s worked for them for a few years now and is incredibly professional and protective — it’s what the girls and family love about him." It's not that Duvier seems unfit for the job or that he doesn't take this seriously, but considering how terrifying this whole ordeal has been for Kardashian and her family, a security alteration seems like a logical conclusion. The dust has settled, so it's time for a change.

ALAIN JOCARD/AFP/Getty Images

Immediately following the Paris incident, Duvier (who became West's bodyguard in 2012 and Kardashian's in 2013) continued to work for both of them. Though people were quick to blame him, Duvier's position was not immediately affected by the robbery. On Oct. 7, Duvier was seen working security during West's Saint Pablo tour. But at the time, a source told People,

"Pascal still works for them. He isn’t irreplaceable though. The family really likes him, but he is not a family member. The new media report isn’t making a difference for the family right now. But Kanye is evaluating his family’s needs. He is ultimately the one who decides what happens with Pascal."

Sounds like either West or Kardashian — or probably both — may have made a decision after all. And if that's the case, here's hoping things ended amicably. Duvier recently penned a lengthy rebuttal to a Daily Mail article that claimed he should be fired because of what happened. Duvier wrote with heavy hints of sarcasm, “It is a pleasure and honor to see that you took the time getting experienced in the personal protection field and have made the effort to actually investigate about me from illusional and defamatory articles online.” Body-guarding is his business after all. It's only natural for him to be protective of his work and shoot down any false claims.

Meanwhile, on Thursday, TMZ claimed that Kardashian has already hired new, albeit possibly temporary, protection. During Kendall's 21st birthday bash, three off-duty cops were reportedly hired for the night (at about $100/hour each, no less) and stayed by Kardashian's side.

Whatever Kim K and Duvier decide to do, whether part ways indefinitely or maybe just take a break, Kardashian and her family's safety should be the top priority here.