This past summer, a raging storm tore through our pop culture consciousness. It took the form of a tornado made of sharks. It was (fittingly) called Sharknado, and we will remember it fondly, weirdly, and hopefully with at least a little irony. As we inch towards Sharknado 2: The Second One , we must take a moment to mull over what comes next for the newest chapter in a film series whose reputation already precedes it. So here's some of what we already know about Sharknado 2.
- Yes, it really is called 'Sharknado 2: The Second One.'
- Stars Tara Reid and Ian Ziering will be back.
- Vivica A. Fox and Kelly Osbourne will also be there.
- The film will take place in New York City, where the next freak weather incident (tornado of sharks, natch) will occur.
- According to director Anthony C. Ferrante, this sci-fi is not about 'military and scientists…it’s blowing up sharks with bombs."
- But don't worry, he added a "[we] always try to ground the characters as much as possible.”
- New York classics like the Statue of Liberty and Broadway will feature in the film, probably be berated by sharks.
- Sharknado 2 star Judah Friedlander remarked "This to me is the most important film ever made about climate change." Yes, he was joking.
- The Today Show's Matt Lauer and Al Roker have cameos, because of course they do.
Eat your heart out, Ghost Shark.
Images: Syfy, Imgur